Battling more than just weight

Gwen M.
on 2/10/15 4:49 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Hahaha.  I wanted to make sure I didn't give spoilers, so I picked something super far fetched :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 2/10/15 4:52 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Yeah makes sense. Although spoilers never bothered me. I didn'****ch the mid season finale and it was all over my Facebook so I already knew when I watched it. Oh well it happens in the land of social media. I actually stopped following any tv shows on Facebook because they tend to give spoilers and forget people DVR things.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/10/15 3:27 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

If redirecting the conversation doesn't work you might have to speak to her directly and be on point & professional about it. I know holding my tongue & walking away can only work for so long b4 I put their ass into their place.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Valerie G.
on 2/11/15 12:39 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Okay - how to shut this woman up tactfully and professionally?  That's a challenge, so let's consider some things (and feel free to use these)

--Look at the Revisions board and Failed WLS boards, and you will find plenty of RNY recipients that did not get desired results.  You will also find some VSG folks, but the RNY, being around the longest, will have more.

--The VSG is respected by the insurance companies so that they cover it.  That means that it has enough data to be an effective procedure.  It came about from the Duodenal Switch on patients that got it in two parts.  Some patients were SO successful in the first part (the sleeve stomach) that they never had to have the second part (the Switch) to complete the DS.  Data started supporting the concept of letting the sleeve stand alone, and enough are successful that now insurance is willing to pay for it.  That's a HUGE statement right there.

--Finally - wls is not one-size-fits-all.  What works for one may not work well for someone else.  If you did some serious consideration into your own physiology and history of your attempts to losing weight while deciding on the VSG, then I see no reason why you cannot maintain and be successful without all of the nutritional challenges your coworker has. 

Use these if you must, however it would probably be better if you just kept silent and laughed all the way to the scale.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics