So nervous... (off topic -- dating!)

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 2/10/15 2:17 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Yeah as a dude if he is spending a lot of time with you then he is into you and may just not how to ask. So be direct. Us men are usually okay with that. My wife said you can ask me to be your girlfriend on such and such date. I ignored the date and asked her before that. It to me sounds like is he really into you.

Pamela M.
on 2/10/15 2:28 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

Stacey, I am really happy for you!  Go all in . . . if he's bringing the puppy over then sounds like a done deal to me!  You do like puppies right?  Even if they have an accident on your favorite rug?  My husband doesn't like dogs and I didn't find that out until after we were married.  It has been a big problem for us . . . Who doesn't like dogs?????!!!!!?????  Talk about a red flag but a little too late.   :-(

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

Stacy_WLS
on 2/10/15 2:48 am

Thank you guys!  Yeah I think he is really into me too, its just scary.  I have had a few bad experiences with men since my upgrade to my new body.  I have kind of stepped back and have been taking things slower than usual b/c of that with Alec and it seems to be working out well.  

I'll let you guys know how it goes :)

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

linison
on 2/10/15 3:27 am
VSG on 10/13/14 with

The last time the exclusivity thing came up for me was when I was dating my husband.  We were sitting on my couch one night, reading together (still a favorite leisure activity for us), and I said (because WHOA was I feeling bold), "Just so you know, I'm not seeing anyone else."  And he said, "me either." and that was that.  I really wasn't expecting that from him, and I would have been fine if he hadn't said anything...but it brought it up fairly casually, and let him know where I stood without having to have anything anywhere near A TALK.  :)

Good luck!!

Bearz
on 2/10/15 4:05 am

Just remember its all a adventure and they r fun to try.we all care about u and have fun.its a adventure love it.

Laura in Texas
on 2/10/15 5:07 am

Personally, I think men like to think they are in charge and would wait for him to bring it up. It sounds like he is really into you, which is wonderful. I bet he would bring up the subject soon if you don't. I think we women tend to over-think things too much.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Stacy_WLS
on 2/10/15 5:33 am

I very much over think things.  I do agree men typically do like to be in charge of these things.  I think he is a bit nervous -- I had to initiate the first kiss.  He just needed a nudge and it was good.  

IDK -- I just know that I don't want to be accepting other dates right now.  BUT I do not want to be turning them down if he isn't in the same spot with me.  We will see.  

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Goose Bump
on 2/10/15 7:47 am, edited 2/10/15 7:50 am

Good luck!!! Im wishing you all the luck! 

Im too nervous to even think about dating again.

VSG on 6/25/14  HW:360 GW:170  33yo 5'8''

Flabaway
on 2/10/15 1:22 pm
VSG on 01/05/15 with

Woot! Good for you. Better Call Saul is fun too. I'm a fan of the super honest low pressure  approach, but do what feels right to you! Have fun!!

Most Active
Recent Topics