17 Months Post VSG, 2 1/2 Week Post Plastic Surgery Update (w/ pics)

Nikke2003
on 10/14/14 8:01 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Yesterday was 17 months post-op. I haven't posted "progress" pics in a long, long time because honestly... there really hasn't been much "progress" to show since I have been maintaining my weight since last February. But, I thought it would be fun to get new pictures and put them against the first pictures taken in November 2012. It really is important to look back on how far we've come through this whole thing!

Also, I wanted to provide a plastic surgery update! It's been 19 days since my arm, breast, and lower body lift with Dr. Joseph Capella in Ramsey, NJ. Last week, I had the last two drains taken out and I couldn't be more happy about it. Honestly, I think the drains were the worst part of this whole thing! I told Dr. Capella and his PA, Scott, that I would love them both forever if they would just take the damn things out of me! They both said I was healing VERY well and was a star patient - woohoo! I'm sure they say that to everyone, but I really enjoy some external validation haha so I'll take it.

So, I think the incisions are healing well. In the past couple of days, a lot of little scabs have been falling off and I've noticed that the "pie crust incision" that Dr. Capella does has started to "soften" a little bit and even start to flatten a little bit in certain areas. Scott told me to expect the raised incision until about 6 weeks out... so I'm hoping I see a lot of progress in the next 3 to 3 1/2 weeks.

I do have a little bit of an "opening" in the armpit in my right arms, which is a bummer. This is something that just has to heal with time. I'm trying to be VERY careful with my arms and not lift or raise them too much. They are the only things at this point that seems to give me any discomfort and mostly when I'm just overdoing it a bit. I have to say that my arms still feel a little bit tight and haven't really loosened up as much at the rest of me. I still love the way they look without the excess skin though, I'll tell you that much!

As far as swelling goes... I'm not really sure if I have that much of it? I know that sounds silly... you might be thinking "how could you not know if you're still swelled" but honestly, it's been a long time since my stomach hasn't been filled with fat or just have lots of fat/skin so I really couldn't tell you if it's supposed to be smaller/flatter or not! I have heard that you can all of a sudden get a lot of swelling at 3 weeks out from surgery, "swell hell" as they call it, but I'm not sure whether or not that is coming my way!

This is also the first time I included a picture of my behind! Things don't feel too tight back there, so that's good... but the large scab at my crack (sorry, TMI) has been breaking a bit here and there I think, because I noticed a little bit of blood spots on the bed from it. That's definitely something I'll have to keep an eye on!

As a side note... please ignore the big ol' compression sleeve on my left leg. When I lost weight, I noticed a lot of varicose veins on my quads that go all the way down into my calves and today, I had the left leg treated with a laser treatment. I have to wear this bad boy for a week and then two weeks from now I'll have the right leg done (which wasn't as bad, but still had some veins!)

As far as my weight goes... the lowest on the scale I've seen is 189, I shot back up to 192.6 with a couple of days of less than stellar eating, but this morning I was back to 190.6 so things are going well! I probably won't weigh myself for a few days though since I have this big garment on me... but once I can take it off for showers and sleep, then I'll see where I'm at. I try not to get too crazy about the number on the scale at this point... because healing, swelling, etc. and who knows where I will end up!

Here are the progress pics! If you are interested in the plastic surgery pics... check out my blog http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com - the password is capella2014 - BEWARE THE PICS ARE GRAPHIC!

Front

Left

Right

Back

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

BurberryPlaid
on 10/14/14 8:12 am - MA
VSG on 09/29/14

WOW!! You continue to amaze & inspire!

- Steph Consult W 311 / SW 293 / Current W 267/ GW 165-160 HT: 5'9"

Dawn ..
on 10/14/14 8:15 am - MI
VSG on 09/23/14

You have done such a great job with your weight loss. You look terrific!

Consult 12/9/13, Pre-Surgery Appt 9/5/14, Surgery 9/23/14, Height/5'.52", HW/273,  ConsW/268 ConsBMI/49, PreSurW/213 PreSurBMI/39, SurW/193.8 SurBMI/35.4, Drs GW/140-150 My 1st GW/160 2nd GW/145
Visit my online store at dawnsjewelrybox.com  Independent Consultant ID 30858

Luvmygs
on 10/14/14 8:29 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Wow, I'm so impressed with your weight loss! Congratulations. I have to agree with BurberryPlaid, you inspire me too! Glad to hear that you are recovering from your plastic surgery too. Christine

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/14/14 8:40 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You look fantastic.  The sutures look like they're healing very cleanly compared to some others I've seen.  You definitely went to the right PS.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

teachren
on 10/14/14 9:06 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/13/13 with

Wow! Just wow! I'm glad to hear you are doing so well after your plastics. We were sleeved the same day and I have yet to get plastics done. I am not certain it's in my future but seeing your results so soon after your surgery is certainly inspiring.

I must admit I peeked at the "graphic" ones and was glad that I did. I so much appreciate the fact that you will show the "full monty". I was able to make comparisons between your pre surgery skin and my own which was extremely helpful.

Then, to see the obvious improvements just a few weeks out from surgery I can only imagine how great the results will be in a few months. Now you've really got me thinking...:-)

Thank you so much for sharing your journey.

Renee

150 pounds gone for now! :-)  Initial goal weight of 170 lbs met on March 7, 2014.  My 44 year old bones survived hiking 4 days overland to a highest point of 4700 metres! Machu Picchu goal...CONQUERED!

Soxyloxy
on 10/14/14 9:21 am - TX

What a body!  Playboyesque for sure. Perfect  everything. You are doing awesome. 

DeeNY52
on 10/14/14 10:03 am

You look so beautiful - congratulations and thanks for sharing yur plastic surgery stories, OH is great for real life information!

Dee

Jen Lyn
on 10/14/14 10:16 am
RNY on 11/11/13

WOWOWOWOOWOWOOWOWOOWOWOWOOWOOW

I can't tell you used to be obese.  You worked the plan and look fantastic.

G5x5
on 10/14/14 10:24 am - VA

Great work, but OOOUUUCCCHHHH!

You've got more guts than I have LOL

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Most Active
Recent Topics