DH & I are leading support group this month

Linda B.
on 1/15/14 4:16 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Ok, first, I need to say I have to post this from my phone. Our support group leader has us fill in for him when he can't make it, and we will have the group this month. An email was sent out to let everyone know that the topic of discussion will be about setting goals and how to get there. I would like to discuss how watching starchy carbs can help. Does anyone out in OH land have links to articles that support the low carb way after WLS? We were both Kaiser patients, Mike had an outside surgeon that Kaiser no longer uses. I had a Kaiser surgeon. The eating plans were different, Kaiser encourages adding grains, potatoes, pasta, etc fairly early out. Mike's surgeon was more similar to Dr. C's way. I chose to follow Mike's surgeon's plan, and have been maintaining for a few months. If we want to let the folks showing up just to check something off of Kaiser's requirement list know that there are other eating plans that may or may not work well for different people, it would be great to have some articles to help them learn that adjustments may be needed. 

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Ihearttennis
on 1/15/14 12:47 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

I'm sorry I am not any help but I wanted to say I think it's great you were invited to lead the discussion.  You are such an inspiration and I know you have a lot of great experiences to share.  I really enjoyed all your posts on your ice skating updates and hope you are still competing. 

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Linda B.
on 1/15/14 1:53 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Thanks for the positive note. Yes, I am still competing. My next one is the California State Games the first weekend in March. If I place in the top three, I am eligible for the national games next year. My coach described it as an Olympic style event for regular people who love their sport. I'll probably post about it once I get the new program done.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Most Active
Recent Topics