X-Post 1 year follow up appointment

Linda B.
on 9/8/13 3:03 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Even though my 1 year mark isn't until Friday, I had my follow up appointment this past Friday. Kaiser Fontana does their follow up stuff with nurse practitioners and NUTS, not the surgeons. But, the visit was good. All my vitamin levels and labs were great. She was shocked when she calculated that I had lost over 100% of my excess weight. That is because Kaiser expects only 60-70% for a VSG. We talked a little bit about my success, and she said that she wished all of her patients were so focused on being compliant. I also am thrilled that my BP is still normal without meds, and my blood sugar is normal. Before surgery, it was creeping up and it was getting scary. I am so glad I made this choice, my quality of life is so much better.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

DeveraE
on 9/8/13 3:18 pm - WA
VSG on 07/29/13 with

Fantastic!  I hope 11 months from now I can post a similar message.  Very inspiring! 

Member Services
on 9/8/13 3:18 pm - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on all of your success!  Keep posting, your wls journey can motivate others!

gabriellaz
on 9/8/13 4:22 pm - CA
VSG on 07/02/12
Congrats Linda! Soo happy for you. They told me the same thing Woo hoo! Way to go!

frisco
on 9/8/13 5:23 pm

Soooo Excellent !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Nmmsg
on 9/8/13 8:26 pm
VSG on 07/09/13
Good news for you & encouragement for all of us!

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Shagdoll
on 9/9/13 1:49 am

You are awesome Linda B.  Hope to see you soon!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active
Recent Topics