The OC on Saturday, anyone want to meet for coffee or something???

Linda B.
on 6/24/13 2:08 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Mike has to take his RICA test Saturday morning (it is a wicked test that most teachers in CA have to take), so we will be in the OC Saturday afternoon. He has to test in Anaheim, and we do need to make a trip to Miss Bobbie's for some low carb provisions, but we would love to meet up with anyone who would like to catch up over coffee or a snack.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/13 5:59 pm

How long has Mike been teaching? Is he not grandfathered in or is it a requirement to clear his credential? I had been teaching a good decade before the RICA was instituted and my credential was already clear so I was grandfathered in. From what I've heard it's a very common sense test so there is no need for Mike to worry as long as he's up to date on all the latest terminology. Wish him good luck!

Linda B.
on 6/25/13 3:17 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Thanks for the good wishes. He just finished his student teaching for a special ed credential. We are career changers. I'm single subject so I didn't have to do that one. He has horrible test anxiety so he is a bit freaked out. He has a job offer so he has to get this thing done so he can get his preliminary, he can clear it through the school he will be teaching at.

I finished my credential two years ago and am still looking for a teaching job. Our area was hard hit with the economy so there are about 200 applicants for every opening in Social Science. Because Mike is special ed, he landed something quick. There have been several posting lately, so I'm applying for everything within a one hour drive.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Most Active
Recent Topics