Will having PCOS slow down weight loss???

A. Robinson
on 5/31/13 5:14 am - Columbia, TN
VSG on 04/29/13

Thank you for your response! good luck with your weight loss journey!

JAlston
on 5/31/13 4:28 am
VSG on 12/07/12

I don't think it does. I have PCOS as well and I have lost 125lbs, 92 since surgery (in 6 months). My surgeon said that I am losing faster then her bypass patients at my 3 month appointment. I was also on metformin until I gave birth to my son. I had to switch to depo before surgery (so there werent blood clotting issues) and I gained weight like crazy on that before so I was worried about that slowing weight loss in the beginning but as soon as that ran out I went back to the nuvaring and things seem to be going great. I haven't stalled once in the 6 months, knock on wood! kiss

Good luck!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

A. Robinson
on 5/31/13 5:14 am - Columbia, TN
VSG on 04/29/13

Thank you for your response! Good luck with your weight loss journey!

sunny_disposition
on 5/31/13 5:01 am - Miami, FL
VSG on 01/28/13

I haven't been on metformin since before surgery (it always made me really sick).  I do feel like my PCOS hasn't negatively affected my weight loss.  My doctor says I'm doing awesome, 90 pounds in 4 months!  My skin has cleared up somewhat, and my periods came back almost immediately after surgery.  I know we can be more carb sensitive, but everybody is supposed to be seriously limiting their carbs.  I'm sure you'll do great!

A. Robinson
on 5/31/13 5:13 am - Columbia, TN
VSG on 04/29/13

Thank you for your response! Good luck with your weight loss journey!

JenniferRN
on 5/31/13 7:20 am - NJ
VSG on 01/22/13 with

I have PCOS and it has not slowed my weight loss at all.  I was only getting a period 3 times a year, now I get it every month!  I do eat a very low carb diet (or try to anyway!!). I could not take metformin because I couldn't tolerate the side effects. You will do great

Most Active