veterans...please finish these two sentences:

emelar
on 5/31/13 2:27 am - TX

There's nothing that I CAN'T eat - at least nothing I've tried in the past 2 1/2 years.

And there's nothing that I WON'T eat, although there are some things that I eat rarely or only on special occasions.  But there's nothing forbidden.

Mom4Jazz
on 5/31/13 3:56 am

There are some "during weight loss period you should seriously consider not eating" items.

There are some "you will never eat a full serving of again" items.

There are some "you shouldn't eat too often because you'll fall back into bad habits" items but those vary from person to person. For me, crackers and chips.

There are NO you will/should NEVER eat again items unless you choose to make it so.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/13 4:31 am
On May 31, 2013 at 6:38 AM Pacific Time, Anne64 wrote:

After the sleeve you WILL never eat and/or be able to  _____________________ again

After the sleeve you SHOULDN'T ever eat or do _____________________________ again

Thanks!

Anne

Those don't apply to me.  But let's play 'what if', okay?

What if the answer is sugar.  Will that stop you from having surgery?

Anne64
on 5/31/13 6:29 am
VSG on 06/19/13

Great question about "what if"

There is nothing someone could tell me I would never be able to eat again that would keep me from doing this.  In anticipation I gave up sugar a couple months ago (whew! something I never thought I could do).  I was asking just in case there was a need for some sort of food funeral.  Currently, I have no intention of having any food funerals, but I admit, if someone said "no grapes", I might eat a pound or two before my 1200 calorie diet starts next week. 

One thing I know my surgeon wants us to never ingest is carbonated drinks.  Those went two months ago as well.

Thanks,

Anne

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/13 10:27 am

There is no reason at all to have food funerals.  You will always be able to have a bite or two of something or even a full serving of it later on.  I would stay very strict during the losing phase, but that's me and what works for my goals, you might have other ideas.  In maintenance, there really is no food that is completely off the table for me.  There are foods I never choose to eat again, but that is my own choice based on my history with those foods.  You will make your own choices based on your goals, plan and your food history.

MacMadame
on 5/31/13 6:54 pm - Northern, CA

Our surgeon said No Carbonated Drinks too. But these days he says "for the first year" because the medical evidence doesn't really support a ban on them.

As for high carb and high fat items, it depends on what you mean by that. I tend to eat 1/3 of my calories from protein 1/3 from fats and 1/3 from carbs. For a lot of people, that's high fat and for a lot here that's high carb. But technically anything under 200-250 g of carbs a day is considered low carb.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

happyteacher
on 5/31/13 10:54 pm

I tolerate everything so I do not have a "never" list.  The closest I have to a never is alcohol.  I rarely drank more than a half a beer prior to surgery, and now have no desire to touch anything since it hits are bloodstream faster.  It just is not worth messing with sugar levels.  My shouldn't eat list is sugar, i still struggle with this daily.  I have become skilled at eating sugar without putting the weight back on, but that is a slippery slope for sure.  I was also able to lose while having sugary foods, albeit in smaller amounts than what I do now.  I also shouldn't go over 150 carbs a day and even that is carefully spaced out, but I still do too frequently.  I also shouldn't stop exercising.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics