veterans...please finish these two sentences:

Anne64
on 5/30/13 11:38 pm
VSG on 06/19/13

After the sleeve you WILL never eat and/or be able to  _____________________ again

After the sleeve you SHOULDN'T ever eat or do _____________________________ again

Thanks!

Anne

acbbrown
on 5/30/13 11:59 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Never say never. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

hwag5149
on 5/31/13 12:38 am

So, so true!

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

CravingSkinny
on 5/31/13 12:26 am - LA
VSG on 06/14/12

I am able to eat whatever I want......sometimes that isn't  good thing. 

I shouldn't eat lots of carb rich foods and fatty dairy foods. 

Carmelita
on 5/31/13 12:33 am - Four Corners, NM

will NEVER eat....sea cucumber or eel......both had me hurling in the parking lot

shouldn't ever eat.....see will NEVER eat

SophieNJ
on 5/31/13 1:57 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

eeewwwww, just the thought of those items would have me hurl !!  LOL

Chalk
on 5/31/13 1:33 am - TN
VSG on 01/09/12
There's not anything I would NEVER eat again because, in moderation, I can eat anything. I choose to eat some foods at other people's homes or at pot luck dinners where I don't have to deal with large quantities being in my pantry or fridge -- desserts especially.

Some foods that I refuse to buy and bring in my house:
Peanut butter - a devil food for me
1/2 gallons of ice cream --- pints are ok
Cheetos, chips, etc
Wheat bread or crackers --- I've gone wheat free since surgery because I discovered I was sensitive to it while on the liquid diet.

Pre-Op Weight Loss 20 lbs ~~~~~ Surgery Weight 289

Goal weight 180  ~~~~~~  6'0"

Month 1 (21 lbs) ~~~ Month 2 (10 lbs) ~~~ Month 3 (14 lbs) ~~~ Month 4 (12 lbs) ~~~ Month 5 (9 lbs) ~~~ Month 6 (11 lbs) ~~~ Month 7 (10 lbs) ~~~~ Month 8 (8 lbs) ~~~ Month 9 (9 lbs) ~~~ Month 10 (6 lbs)

Goal Reached in 10 months  

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/13 1:35 am

After the sleeve you Will never eat a a full sized burger with a baked potato and other sides.  :)  You will never have the same capacity, but you will be able to eat anything you want (in most cases).  I have heard of people developing milk allergies and not being able to tolerate eggs or something else, but it is not the norm. 

After the sleeve you shouldn't eat high carb items or high fat items.  Even in maintenance, I have to keep and eye on my carbs and fats, (mostly carbs) and I rarely drink my calories. 

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/13 2:25 am

After the sleeve you WILL never eat..... I think that sentence is a big fallacy! I can eat whatever I want. PERIOD. No food intolerances whatsoever! There is NOTHING I can not eat - so far!

After the sleeve you shouldn't eat........ Well, that's individual. I watch my carbs, I choose not to drink soda of any kind, but will drink Crystal Light or stuff like that occasionally. I also watch my fat intake. I shouldn't eat sweets, but I do sometimes and sometimes I crave them like mad. So, for me it's a trade off: if I have sweets I know I have to be ready to deal with the cravings that come from eating them. It's the price I pay. When I abstain the cravings go away and life is good. For me, it's a vicious cycle.

AmberK
on 5/31/13 9:09 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

Amen! Very well said. Same exact things go for me with the sweets and with eating anything. I have not been doing well this week and I am paying the price, with the cravings, and with the scale.....Its my fault, I have to deal with it and get up and keep going instead of feeling sorry for myself (which is what I really want to do LOL) 

Most Active
Recent Topics