fitting room fun & skating news

mimij
on 5/9/13 2:00 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

Sounds like you are a really good figure skater. What fun that must be. Congrats on the skinny jeans! Don't minimize your accomplishment by talking about sizing not being the same. You are doing it! And great thinking going to the rink for 2 hrs of exercise. Wonderful NSVs. Please remind us before the competition so we can be thinking of you and I think that idea of posting a video sounds great. Would love to celebrate your success with you! Awesome job!

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

Linda B.
on 5/9/13 5:47 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Well, I wouldn't say that I'm "good", maybe good for my level. I will be competing as a pre-alpha, aka beginner level. But that is alright with me, I just get to take care of a "bucket list" thing. I'll post my dates and times when I get them. Thanks for the positive thoughts.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/13 5:12 am

I am so excited for you.  I too would love to see the video and the NSV's just keep on coming.  What music are you using?  Tell me more about your costume.  I love everything about this.

Linda B.
on 5/9/13 6:02 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Well, I will see what I can do about a video since so many have requested it. The dresses are not designed yet. There is a local seamstress who works with the coaches and her pricing is reasonable (I think). We were considering a base dress with a changeable skirt to keep the costs down. This little competition is beginning to cost a lot. Even though I am at the beginner level, I'm still enjoying preparing for this.

Each routine is only one minute, but here are my music choices: for my technical program I am skating to "I Hope You Dance" by Leanne Womack. My freestyle dramatic program music is "On My Knees" by Jackie Velasquez (it is a contemporary Christian song about prayer). I chose the music because it is deeply meaningful to me. The first one reminds me of the last conversation I had with a dear friend right before she died. The second one was popular and helped me through a really rough time when my son was so sick his life was in the balance. The group music is still to be determined. The competition theme is beach, so we are thinking about something that relates.

There is an ISI adult competition coming to SF the second week of Oct, you should consider it since it is right in your backyard  You only compete against ladies your age and ability level. Just a thought.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Most Active
Recent Topics