fitting room fun & skating news

Linda B.
on 5/8/13 3:18 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

So, my scale has been giving me the same number for a while now, but my pants are getting to big. So, today I hit a discount store because the thrift store was a bust. I scored a pair of jeans, a pair of work pants, a pair of longish shorts, and a shirt. I had to call Mike after the first pair I tried on, skinny jeans, size 8, to big WOO HOO. Now I know that these days, there is vanity sizing and a size 6 now is not what it was when I wore this size before, but wow.

Because I had an doctor's appointment today, I took the day off work. I decided to put the time after the appointment to good use. I hit the rink for a little practice. I spent two hours working on the moves that are the required elements in my technical program for the competition in July. My coach's husband was working with others today, but he let me know that my music is ready to go. Choreography work starts tomorrow night.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Shagdoll
on 5/8/13 5:04 pm

Ice skating sounds like so much fun, glad to hear you have such a fun enjoyable hobby!!!

Congrats on the fitting room NSV ... I miss you!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Linda B.
on 5/9/13 5:23 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I miss you too. Can you make it down to San Diego when we do th e1/2 marathon? We need someone to join Alison in the cherring section.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

MuttLover
on 5/8/13 9:06 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

So exciting!  Can you post a video when in the competition?  Remind us on that day, so we can be sending you good vibes and cheering you on from afar!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Linda B.
on 5/9/13 5:25 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I'm not sure, I think my coach's son videotapes these things, but I'm not sure about the cost. I'll check. We have an older video camera, I'll see if a friend might do it for me, DH will want to watch & not be stuck with a camera. I'm still waiting for the schedule to come with my dates & times. I will post. Thanks.

Lisas-Ltl-Sis
on 5/9/13 1:47 am

Please do post a video...........I haven't figure skated in 30 years............and miss it............am hoping to have surgery by September, assuming I get aproved.............and thinking that next year putting on a pair of skates again would be nice!  Congratulations!

Linda B.
on 5/9/13 5:29 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I will be a year out in Sept. My goal is to be able to land some type of jump on my surgiversary. This will not be an easy goal to reach, my body is still not so willing to skate a one foot glide going backwards yet.

I know getting back on the ice regularly has been so wonderful. I love it so much, I wouldn't wait a long time after, I started classes two months out, no regrets.

Lisas-Ltl-Sis
on 5/9/13 7:47 am

Wow, two months!  That's wonderful.  We are going on a cruise next year, and it has an ice rink.........little does hubby know I'm dragging him on there whether he likes it or not LOL  Thanks again!

Linda B.
on 5/9/13 8:15 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

If it is Royal Caribbean, take your own skates. They have a session just for those who have their own. Skating on a ship is an interesting experience, I did it pre-op, couldn't move as well, but it was fun. The ice show was also pretty cool.

Lisas-Ltl-Sis
on 5/9/13 11:20 am

and it is, good to know, thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics