It not what you say...But it's how you say it.

slimpickins5280
on 5/4/13 2:55 am - CO

Yeah, people that say what they think really **** me off. Their kind of unfiltered help is so damn annoying. They need to learn diplomacy and how to says things with care so that no one gets offended. They need to vanilla down their comments, or just nod.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/13 2:58 am

Once again, you make my morning better.  I need more of you in my life.  :)

slimpickins5280
on 5/4/13 3:01 am - CO

Watch what you pray for, I might be coming out to Cali for a bit this summer. If I do, I'll be getting your number.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/13 3:10 am

If you are anywhere within driving distance, you have to come over or I can show you around a bit.  PM me and I will give you my contact info.  I would really love to see you and hug you in person.  I owe you big for all the times you had me spitting out my coffee in the morning.  :)

slimpickins5280
on 5/4/13 3:34 am - CO

I've got to see if I can pull off a visit. My BF lives in North Cali and I really want to get out there. It's been too long, dangit.

But, I'm starting a PT job at a school Library this summer, so I just don't know if I can fit in a trip. I'll PM you soon I get it all figured out.

stephanieplum
on 5/4/13 3:28 am
VSG on 06/27/12

I'd rather have chocolate, please!!!  Heh!  

Jls8877
on 5/4/13 1:15 pm
It's amazing to me how diplomatic you are in all of your posts. Your filtered support is part of what has helped me be successful. I just wanted to thank you for that... ))))!!!!!! Insert your favorite 4 letter word here ****!!!!

Stupid is as stupid does. Common sense goes a long way and is clearly missing from half the population of OH.
Honestly, your responses are great!
bublegirl1
on 5/4/13 5:05 am
RNY on 11/10/14
I totally agree with you as well. I don't think people come on here to say I've eaten cookies and came and I need to know why I'm gaining.
I think they want to kind of confess and hear someone say "it's ok. Everyone slips. We are all human. You can do this! Message me if you need support. ". Etc..
But there are people who have been more successful than others and they talk down to you and shame you and make you feel like you're a weak loser who should have never had this surgery.
That is not ok. I think people forget where they came from or maybe havnt been overweight all of their lives like some of us have. Then use excuses for the way they speak to people. Just self righteousness.

-Amie

Bloodshotbetty
on 5/4/13 6:19 am - minneapolis, MN

For me...I have had people sugar coat things my entire life.  Oh, you don't look that big or...maybe you at that, but it  could have been worse! This contribute to my denial and how I became nearly 300 pounds.  This is why I am in this hospital bed.  I needed someone to tell me to put down the damn donut.  We were all killing ourselves with food.  Tough love is what most of us need.  

-Alycia-

Miss150
on 5/4/13 7:54 am
Welcome over to the losers bench, Betty! If I thought you had a donut in your hand at this early stage of the game I surly would tell you to put the damn thing down- especially if it was a jelly filled one. Take care of your self these next few days, rest, sip, and may you heal well.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Most Active
Recent Topics