Bummed! Surgery Postponed

Willowbeez
on 4/23/13 3:52 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/14/13

Yep, surgery was canceled because of my cold.  They considered doing it with just throat and nose symptoms but the darn thing had gone into my chest   so the anesthesiologist said no go!  For anyone who may get sick just prior to their surgery I can tell you this.  Sitting on the gurney, waiting for them to call whether the surgery was a go or not, the thought of coughing, sneezing, congestion (head and chest) during recovery was quite frightening.  And although I am bummed I now have to wait another 3 weeks (time to heal) I was more than happy to jump off that the table and wait.  I'm not sleeved yet but it's all good.  enlightened

MomofMarch
on 4/23/13 3:54 am - GA

I'm sorry hon! I agree, though. You don't want to take the chance of something happening because of a cold. Coughing and sneezing immediately after surgery SUUUUUUUUCKS! Feel better soon, and we will see you on the bench afterwards. :)

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Willowbeez
on 4/23/13 3:56 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/14/13

Thanks!  Your risks increase substantially when you're sick so yea, I was ok with waiting.  My new date is May 14th so I'll be joining you on the bench then.  

mimij
on 4/23/13 4:11 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

Sorry you are sick and sorry about the delay but you have the right attitude. Anesthesia can do a number on your respiratory system and diaphragm. Everyone was smart to delay so you will have the best outcome. You will start your journey soon enough and 3 weeks won't make a difference in the long run. You are in this for life!

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

Willowbeez
on 4/23/13 4:13 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/14/13

You're absolutely right - what's another 3 weeks.  I need all my immune system concentrating on my healing from surgery not from a cold too!  It will come.

missthingg
on 4/23/13 7:42 am - memphis, TN
I'm May 15th!! Welcome to the May club!
Willowbeez
on 4/23/13 8:05 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/14/13

Awesome!  We can swap war stories together once we're on the other side!    Take care and keep in touch!

missthingg
on 4/26/13 1:07 am - memphis, TN

Do you have to do the pre-op diet? I start mine Wednesday!! Wow!! Never thought I would say that!

jennyfyre
on 4/23/13 4:26 am - MN
VSG on 04/19/13

Feel your pain...my original surgery date was March 22, but my surgeon fell on the ice and was injured.  Had to be postponed.  It was okay though... did the preop diet for a week before it was canceled so it was a little easier the second time.  Hang in there!  It'll be here before you know it!

Willowbeez
on 4/23/13 5:18 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/14/13

Some things are just out of your control - you just have to roll with the punches.

Most Active
Recent Topics