2 Days Before Surgery - I've Caught a COLD!!!

Willowbeez
on 4/21/13 12:46 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/14/13

Someone please tell me they won't cancel surgery over a head cold!

foolishgrrl_1
on 4/21/13 12:52 am
VSG on 03/11/13

Drink plenty of fluids and call your surgeon's office in the morning.  I had the flu the week before mine and they said as long as I wasn't running a fever, they wouldn't cancel.  Each surgeon may have a different take, so just let them know asap.

Feel better & good luck!

Willowbeez
on 4/21/13 1:24 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/14/13

Well that gives me some hope.  I'm not feverish - just sore throat and stuffy nose.  Maybe I'll be ok.  Thanks for responding.

2much2do
on 4/21/13 1:32 am

i had a cold with some mucas congestion but no fever and my lungs were clear so he did the operation

Willowbeez
on 4/21/13 1:40 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/14/13

that's what I have so I'll keep my fingers crossed!  thanks for your input.

VSGSteve
on 4/21/13 1:52 am, edited 4/21/13 1:57 am - NJ
VSG on 04/17/13

Im day 5 Post sleeve, you want to be super healthy for the surgery. Don't cut yourself short.....

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Willowbeez
on 4/21/13 1:58 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/14/13

I know....    I've lost 19 lbs leading up to this, I did great on my pre-op diet.  I haven't caught a cold all winter and then now I get this stupid cold.  It's not a bad one - at least right now it isn't.  If I had the flu it would be a different story and I really don't want to recovery from surgery with a stupid cold but I've waited for so long for this.  How are you feeling 5 days out?  Do you have any energy?

J. Cummings
on 4/21/13 4:03 am - CA
VSG on 04/18/13

You might be healthy enough by the time your surgery comes around but make sure you tell your surgeon's office. I had a cold about two weeks prior to my surgery and I kind of wish i waited to get surgery because even though I'm healthy I still am coughing and that is very painful right now for me. All I can do is take a hot shower to steam the mucus out of me. 

Willowbeez
on 4/21/13 7:30 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/14/13

I never even thought about coughing.  I'm not yet but that usually is how all my colds end.  I like the idea of the steam - I think that would help my congestion.

VSGSteve
on 4/22/13 4:27 am - NJ
VSG on 04/17/13

How are you feeling today?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Most Active
Recent Topics