x-post, need advice and input, is this a crazy idea?

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/13 10:49 am

Uh, yeah, ......... GO!!!!!!!

Everyone has already said it much more eloquently than I ever could have so yeah, what they all said. Now go say, "YES!!!"

Linda B.
on 4/5/13 3:34 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Thanks, you and the others have helped me realize that going for something like this is a good thing. I just had to stop, get some input, and understand that I am worth it. Oh, crossing an international competition of of my bucket list will be cool too.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

jenn227
on 4/5/13 11:07 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

What an AWESOME opportunity!  It truly sounds like this was meant to be....I don't think you could have planned this in your wildest dreams before!  But it shows that you have something special that is being noticed, and reading these posts, it is evident you are changing the lives of others by being you.

I vote yes!!  And love that you were asked to do this!!!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Linda B.
on 4/5/13 3:38 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

You are correct, I couldn't have planned this. I figured my chance to do something like this was long past. I sure appreciate the encouragement I have been reading. We may live all over the world, but this forum is an amazing place with amazing people. These posts have been so helpful for me to get to a place where I understand that following a dream is OK, even at my age.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

MuttLover
on 4/5/13 12:05 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

One more DO IT vote!    I concur with all of the reasons already noted -- plus I have one question ( I ask myself this in similar situations!):

This is a once in every 7 years opportunity -- will spend the next seven years kicking yourself because you didn't give it a shot this year?   Ohhh, I'm guessing I know that answer to that!!

Go for it!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Linda B.
on 4/5/13 3:40 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

You are right, I think I would kick myself big time if I missed this chance. The alternatives are spending lots and lots of money to get to the next one in another country, or waiting 7 more years. Even though I thought the possibility of competing was over, I don't want to wait longer.

kimbethin
on 4/5/13 2:20 pm - CA

Linda you need to do this!  I remember when you just talked about want to skate again and how you lit up!  If you start working on a program now you have a lot of time to poli**** before the end of July  Just imaging the applause and the music and Mike waiting for you with a giant bunch of flowers!  Who needs the Olympics?  Do it for yourself  (and think of how the grand children would love it)  You would be setting such a good example for them!  Just do it!!!!

putting one foot in front of the other...        
Linda B.
on 4/5/13 3:44 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Thanks Kim, as you can see from my other replies, I'm going to go for it. I know this is not going to be easy, but that is alright, it will be worth it. The experience is something that I can hold in my heart forever. Thanks for reminding me how much I love this sport.

Sleeveless
on 4/5/13 6:01 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

I think it's a wonderful honor to be asked to represent the rink, and I'm so glad you're going for it! Would love to see video of your routine, if you decide to share.

Luck, luck, luck, and enjoy!

Linda B.
on 4/6/13 7:12 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I'll see if I can get someone to video the event for me. I may just decide to post it on YouTube. We'll see how it goes.

Most Active
Recent Topics