x-post, need advice and input, is this a crazy idea?

acbbrown
on 4/5/13 7:04 am - Granada Hills, CA

I just adore you :)  What a great response!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

jenn227
on 4/5/13 11:05 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Wow...crying a little bit!  What an awesome attitude & response!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Linda B.
on 4/5/13 3:25 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Thank you so much. Yes, I am scared, but so what? This is a huge opportunity to go out and enjoy doing what I love, even if my skill level is low. This response made me tear up a bit because you have now given me hope. Now, I need to pick a piece of music.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Sleeveless
on 4/5/13 5:58 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Like, like like!

Happy Gurl
on 4/5/13 9:34 am
VSG on 10/26/12

I got your message, and I wanted to say you're sweet for thinking of me.  Okay, I say "go for it"!!!!  I think it's an amazing boost that the teacher saw your talent coming through after such a short time back on the ice.  Talk about a wonderful vote of confidence.  Since we were both at a decent competitive level, we try to think or hope maybe that we'll be back there.  This competition isn't about that - no one's expecting a double axel from a 15 year old anymore.  You go learn your routine, push yourself (a reasonable amount - thanking god for the crash pad mfgs), and have a blast!!!   

I'm not as eloquent as swizzlequeen, but she's absolutely right in that you (all of us in fact), need to stop worrying about what others think of us and just get out there and do it!  Imagine she didn't start skating until her late 40s, at a much higher weight, yet she found the joy just in the process.  Then come to find out she had a fan-base to boot, awesome!!!

As for me, I still haven't bought my skates yet.  I skated at another rink, and the rentals there were actually like ski boots with bindings.  They sucked, but the blades were decent, so I was able to do a little more than my first time out.  I miss it, but I have a big vacation coming up that's sucking up my disposal income for now. 

Please let us (maybe the so-cal meet up group) what you decide and where we can go to support you:) 

HW: 390, HbandW: 340, LbandW:237,

HsleeveW: on 10/27/12:270, CW: 167:) GW: 175 :))))

M1:22, M2:16, M3:10, M4:9, M5:8, M6: 9, M7: 8, M8: 6, M9: 3, M10: 4

Linda B.
on 4/5/13 3:27 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Thanks, I have decided that I am going to go for it. I am now really glad I have crash pads coming, I think I'm going to need them.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

hollykim
on 4/5/13 10:22 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Go for it, and do your best and be proud that you even tried it. what do ypou have tpo lose?

After reading your posts about ice skating,i went to our sportsplex and got a three month membership and I started ice skating again,first time in 20 years. I didn't ice skate much as a child but we tore up the roller skate rink. it was a natural progression for me to ice skating and we skated the whole time our children were coming up.

You totally inspired me to try again,so thank you. First time I went i couldn't BELIEVE how rusty I was and how terrible my balance was. I wanted to leave after the first round,but I made myself stay and keep going around another time. By the time 30 min was up my balance was greatly improved and I could let go of the wall a bit,lol.

As I have continued to go a couple of times a week,I am feeling better and better and enjoying it more. There have been some firemen (in uniform,go figure) skating there too and they are cheering me on,as they saw me on day one. it has been fun and I think I will buy another 3 month pass.

So,hell to the yes,you go girl! Git er done! and keep us posted on the plans...  and yannow what. Girl, even OLYMPIC level athletes bomb out and in front of the WHOLE WORLD no less. They just pick themselves up and carry on...just another competition for them and they keep working and do better the next time. it's that way for me and u too. XOXO

Linda B.
on 4/5/13 3:31 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Wow, to think that I inspired someone to get back on the ice made me cry. I am going to go for it. I know I will kick myself if I don't. So, I will text the coach in the morning and fill out the paperwork. You and the others have helped me to understand that it doesn't matter if I win or lose, the fact that I am willing to do it makes me a winner. Thank you so much.

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/13 10:33 am

Of course you should do it!  This whole process is about more than just losing weight, it is about finding ourselves, listening to our voice and living our lives.  This is a perfect way for you to do exactly this.  Go for it, take a chance on yourself, you can't really lose here because there is nothing to lose.  :) 

Linda B.
on 4/5/13 3:32 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Thanks, you are right, and I am going to do it. now, I need to choose a piece of music and a color for my skating dress. A training schedule would be good too.

Most Active
Recent Topics