Will water ever taste normal again??

LolaB
on 3/20/13 9:26 pm - NY
VSG on 01/23/13

I have always been a huge water drinker, love water and it has always been my drink of choice. I was so surprised by how difficult it was to drink it after surgery. I will be two months out on Saturday and this week I have finally been drinking water like before surgery. It definately got better for me and I hope it does for you.   

"If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete." Siddhartha Gautama

louisamay
on 3/21/13 12:32 am
VSG on 04/27/12

I have no explanation for why I found myself having to force water down after surgery.  Now, 11 months later, I'm not having that problem.

At the same time I wasn't liking water, I could drin****d tea quite easily and did. No idea why.  I never added any kind of drops or flavors to my water; I've never liked flavored waters or coffees or such.  I just forced water, and drank a lot of iced tea.

Adding crushed mint to water actually helped me drink it, or sometimes a slight squeeze of lemon.

Once it got cold I found myself drinking lots of hot teas and coffee because I just craved hot drinks.  Now that it's getting warm again I'm shifting over to iced tea and water, and the water tastes wonderful.  I don't know when the shift really occurred re: water being satisfying again, since it probably happened earlier but I was wanting hot drinks so wasn't really aware of it.

As for taste--for me water never tasted bad. For some reason, it just wasn't satisfying and drinking it was something I had to force on myself, somewhat like when I first started making myself drink water instead of Coke or Diet Coke.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Most Active
Recent Topics