I think my sleeve and I are becoming friends.... finally.

PhillyGator
on 3/10/13 1:21 pm

Just some thoughts before I go to bed:

So after a long week of post-op recovery and an anxious phone call to my surgeon, I think my youth really did hurt me. I had a lot of unanticipated pain and seriously doubted what I was putting my body through. I had never had much experience with pain besides the severely sprained ankle during volleyball season and dislocated shoulder from track. Every time I drank something, I had a massive pain behind my sternum. And every time I tried to sit up or move from my back in bed, someone was stabbing me. But, I made it to the other side thanks to liquid Tylenol and a patient Mom (I refused the liquid Vicodin for several reasons, mainly nausea). My doc said it was because my abdominal muscles are not very stretched out from pregnancy or age so cutting through them was very traumatic for them. Maybe I actually did have some abs down there after all...? frown

I guess all in all, my sleeve and I are really starting to become friends. I'm allowed to drink a TON more without mu*****ident, I can lay in bed and not feel too much pain and I'm positive I'm in ketosis thanks to my furry teeth. Now I just really need to work on my protein and before I know it, Thursday will be here and I will be graduated to pureed foods. Yay!

Hope everyone has a great week! It's crazy to think this time last week, I was freaking out the night before surgery.

http://weightnolongerajourney.blogspot.com/

Alove188
on 3/10/13 4:18 pm
VSG on 01/28/13
Happy for you
PhillyGator
on 3/11/13 1:07 am

Thank you! It's been a real rollercoaster of a week. Glad I'm starting to feel better with classes starting back up this week.

SandyRi
on 3/10/13 5:22 pm - WA
VSG on 03/04/13
Same for me! Had surgery Mar 4, and today was the first day without that pain behind my sternum. Of course i found with feeling better...i miss chewing food! But will stick to plan...looking forward to puree!

Surgery date:  03/04/2013

PhillyGator
on 3/11/13 12:45 am

I find I do miss chewing food as well. I actually took a small piece of cheese. And I mean small, chewed it and spit it out. I know my head is ready to move forward, but I'm almost positive my stomach needs a few more days to heal up. Good Luck!

missymisconduct
on 3/10/13 9:04 pm - NY

I too am struggling to get my fluids in. Surgery was march 7. The nausea has begun to subside though. Thank goodness.

Alexis K.
on 3/10/13 10:57 pm
VSG on 07/30/12

I'm 7 months out now- I still remember those days! I spent the first few weeks wondering what I had done to myself. But I knew I couldn't take it back and vowed to make the best of it. I know you've probably heard it a thousand times, but i really does get better every day.

Machelle.K
on 3/10/13 11:30 pm - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

The pain will pass, but more so you are doing great. Stick to the plan, drink your fluids and walk and you'll be well on your way.

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

Most Active
Recent Topics