Starting Purees Monday! Two questions.

katikati
on 2/28/13 9:11 am - Eads, TN
VSG on 02/06/13

My surgeon and nutritionist both said that I didn't have to puree soft meats like canned/packeted tuna or chicken.  They're already really soft, so I can just break them up with a fork really well and chew them thoroughly.  I'm going to try that, and I've seen that Chicken of the Sea also makes crab in packets, so I might try that too.  Omg... I cannot wait for Monday!

Nancybefree
on 2/28/13 8:33 am
VSG on 11/21/12 with

That first bite of pureed food was a bit daunting for me, but it went fine.  I'm certain yours will, too.  :)  As you've already heard, blending or food-processing the foods properly is the key.

You may find that your tastes change postop.  I used to enjoy tuna with mayo preop, but one attempt at eating pureed tuna put me off of it, perhaps for good.  I also lost my taste for shrimp.  However, chicken still sits well with me provided I chew-chew-chew it and eat it slowly.  Pureed canned chicken and well-chewed hard-boiled eggs were favorites in that stage.

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

thinnersinner
on 2/28/13 9:26 am

The first thing I had was either refried beans or a pureed turkey meatball with a tiny bit of the lowest sugar spaghetti sauce I could find.  In hindsight I should have thinned it more because it was a little painful.  Just make sure to thin it out if it does feel uncomfortable.

Julie J.
on 2/28/13 9:34 am - NV

Where do you get refried beans that are pureed consistency with no chunks?

Most Active
Recent Topics