Not sure what's happening

shajoh
on 2/22/13 6:10 am - Cleburne, TX
VSG on 11/27/12
I'm not sure if I should be worried or not. I'm having a really hard time getting my water in. I've been really constipated & now all of a sudden I've had 3 days of diarrhea this week. Not in a row. The 1 time just lasted 1 night & I was throwing up. Queasy the next day. Now the diarrhea has started again & lasted 2 days. It's really mucousy this time. TMI I know. I hate to take Immodium because I get such bad constipation. I'm suppose to run my first 5K tomorrow. I can't miss it. It's probably just pre-race jitters. My urine seems to be normal. My husband made me promise to stay off the green tea since it has a small amount of caffeine. I'm trying to stay hydrated but this is work for me.

Sharla

MuttLover
on 2/22/13 6:24 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Hydration is key -- if you are queasy, not getting your water in, constipated, you could be dehydrated -- and it would not be a good idea to run if you are not in good condition, or coming down with something

Can you make a quick visit to an urgent care center ASAP and get checked out?  It would be way better than getting sick during the race!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

swizzlequeen
on 2/23/13 12:33 am

If you even suspect that you are dehydrated -- run!! -- To medical attention, NOT to the race! Deyhdration is not to be trifled with, could get worse if you run, and it will likely be very difficult for you to catch up with your water at the race because of your sleeve -- if you are already dehydrated...

Please take care of yourself!

Most Active
Recent Topics