Happy New Year, and what a year it was

Linda B.
on 1/1/13 5:44 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I wanted to take a minute to wish everyone a Happy New Year. For me, this year has been quite a journey. We began 2012 at my daughter's house visiting the grandchildren when DH was just 3 weeks out. Today, we are also at my daughter's hanging out with our grandchildren, DH is almost 13 months out, I'm 3 1/2 months out. This year, we were both able to sled with the kids two days in a row. I also had an easier time ice skating with my oldest granddaughter this year as I'm about 60 pounds lighter. This time, instead of the rink an hour and a half and one state away, we went to the skating pond at the local park. It was a bit bumpy, but it was so cool to skate outside even though it was quite cold (16 degrees). Last year it wasn't cold enough for the town to flood the park for the outdoor rink, and there was no snow to sled on, but this year we are making up for that. Now, if the new snow that is falling is not to dry and will somewhat stick together, I will cap off this visit by teaching them how to build a snowman. I don't know if this will work, but we are going to try.

Tomorrow, we head out for a six hour drive so we can go skiing on Thursday, then Friday we head for home. This vacation has been much more active than vacations past. We have enough energy to not need a day of rest in between activities. Just one of the many reasons we love our sleeves. I bet skiing will be very different for both of us now that we are much lighter.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

acbbrown
on 1/1/13 8:12 am - Granada Hills, CA

Sounds like you guys have had quite the year and Im thrilled to hear you are enjoying your trip! Be careful skiing - we got big plans this year :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Linda B.
on 1/1/13 3:06 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

We will be careful, we have a skating date when you are up to it.  I'm so glad you have been part of this journey. So far, this has been an incredible experience.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Most Active
Recent Topics