birthday brownie, lesson learned

Linda B.
on 12/26/12 5:13 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Well, today (technically, yesterday 12/26) was my birthday. We went to dinner and the server, who we know well, brought out the birthday brownie with ice cream. I did take a couple of bites, bad idea. That thing sat like a brick. I haven't eaten anything like that for months, and after tonight, I am not likely to do it again. Sleevers may not technically dump, but I felt pretty crummy. I guess in a way I am lucky, by feeling so awful after a couple of bites of sweet carby dessert, I've got motivation to just not go there. Nothing tastes good enough to make me want to feel like that again just to eat it.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/26/12 5:34 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
It was my wedding anniversary yesterday and also there was a nice dinner out and friends ordered a cake for me and hubby and insisted that I take a bite for luck. I think I managed the smallest most symbolic gesture of a quater teaspoon of the whipped cream surrounding the cake. That satisfied the friends and I was happy not to have had any desire to go deeper than that into the cake!! Down another almost half lb this morning! Yay!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

bob-h
on 12/26/12 7:47 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12
On December 27, 2012 at 1:34 AM Pacific Time, Wantmylife wrote:
It was my wedding anniversary yesterday and also there was a nice dinner out and friends ordered a cake for me and hubby and insisted that I take a bite for luck. I think I managed the smallest most symbolic gesture of a quater teaspoon of the whipped cream surrounding the cake. That satisfied the friends and I was happy not to have had any desire to go deeper than that into the cake!! Down another almost half lb this morning! Yay!!!

Happy belated anniversary my friend.  broken heart

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

Feystorm
on 12/26/12 11:08 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12

Happy Belated Birthday Linda!

Posting a reminder: text me tonight please to confirm plans.  I have a todo list two miles long tonight and want to make sure we touch base :)

It's in my calendar so won't forget :)

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/12 2:24 am

Happy belated birthday Linda.  You should know that the cake will not always sit as a rock in your stomach.  You will eventually need other ways to monitor the behavior, if you need to monitor it.  This is a temporary reprieve from the reality at maintenance down the road.

Linda B.
on 12/27/12 2:17 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I know that many people can go back to eating sugary crap, but I don't think I'm going to be one of them. Not only do I feel terrible after eating a flour, sugar, fat combo, but honestly, it was so sweet that I didn't like it. Yay, I'm so glad.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Most Active
Recent Topics