3 months out and doing great

Linda B.
on 12/13/12 3:16 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I celebrated my 3 month mark today. I went for my skating class and am now enjoying a bed time snack, a protein shake, vanilla with a few frozen peaches for flavor and texture. I've lost 32 pounds since surgery, and 58 pounds since my Kaiser orientation last February. I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I have lost more in 3 months, than I could lose on any diet I tried. It took 7 months to lose the first 26 before surgery. This tool is amazing. Even though I seem to be in another pause, it is alright. The scale might not be moving, but I know I am shrinking. Today at work, I had to grab a safety pin to tighten up my pants. My temporary wardrobe is going to need another update soon.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

bigred_z
on 12/13/12 3:54 pm - Independence, KY
VSG on 11/16/12

Wow!!  You have less than 30lbs to go too!!  Keep rockin that sleeve!

Lori RN, MS     Band 2/9/07 265lbs    Removed 4/13/12@ 185lbs (slip&erosion) Sleeve 11/16/12@ 225lbs  If I could get as excited about exercise as I am about a Big Mac...Now in ONEderland!!  197.4

beach_mama
on 12/13/12 9:24 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

Great job!  Keep up the good work

Amy 2bhealthy
on 12/13/12 9:47 pm - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
Happy 3 months, surgery sister!

Congrats on your Weightloss! You are doing fabulously!

I'm loving the sleeve too! Those pauses aren't fun and can be quite discouraging, can't they?! I am so excited to see what the next 3 months brings! I go to my Dr today for my 3 mo check up, so I am anxious to see what he has to say.

I love your attitude and wish you continued success!

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

Linda B.
on 12/14/12 5:01 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Happy 3 months to you too. It looks like you are rocking your sleeve too. Yes, those pauses can be a pain, but since I saw my DH go through this first, and reading here, I knew to expect them. It is kind of interesting when they do happen, I lose inches,. It's a good thing we have thrift stores with fitting rooms because I need smaller work clothes every few weeks.

So, how did the Dr. appointment go?

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Mike B.
on 12/13/12 9:50 pm
Wow, the last three months have gone by fast and you look AMAZINGLY HOT It is awesome that we both have this tool we can use that will help us achieve our goal of becoming health, active people. While we are on our holiday break, we do need to do a little clothes shopping for you. I actually like taking you shopping now because, the look on your face when you try on clothes you "think" you will fit into and they are too big is priceless. I love this ride we are on and I never want to get off of it. Keep rocking that sleeve and remember, you have a half marathon to run in 6 months.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

Shagdoll
on 12/14/12 2:42 am

OMG, I just love how amazingly supportive you are with Linda.  You both rock!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Linda B.
on 12/14/12 5:03 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I do have a great man. I am a blessed woman.

Lovin_Losing
on 12/13/12 10:06 pm

You have done amazing, keep up the good work.

swizzlequeen
on 12/14/12 1:14 am

Linda!!

You are doing so great! I love your attitude towards your pause -- you just keep on going....

Hooray for thrift stores and safety pins!!

I hope to see you tommorrow at Miss Bobbie's...I will give you a hug then!

==Swizzlequeen

Most Active
Recent Topics