Ice Skating NSV & back to work tomorrow

Linda B.
on 10/23/12 3:31 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
Well, I had a doctor's appointment for the follow up after Nova Sure. Since it is about an hour away, and that is the closest ice rink, I went skating after the appointment. The last time I went was a couple of weeks before my VSG. Now that pounds and inches are coming off I noticed a few things during the skating session today. My skates don't pinch my feet like they used to (skates are 23 years old, I am getting a new pair when I reach goal), I can skate backwards again even if it is slowly, I can last longer before I need a quick break, and my balance is much better. Oh, other people don't look at me strange when I skate. Apparently it is weird for an obese person to ice skate. I had a great time and can't wait to do it again when I get the opportunity.

I also return to work tomorrow. I am trying to go back with a possitive attitude, but I know I will have a lot of "clean up" to do. My gyno gave me another week off, but I'm not going to take it. I need to get back. I have been gone for almost 6 weeks as I scheduled both of my surgeries close enough to each other so I would only have to go off work once. If it is to stressful or I get really tired, I will come home and hit the recliner for a nap.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Feystorm
on 10/23/12 3:34 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 Cool NSV!!  I can't wait to go roller skating again - I was never good at ice skating.  I bet you are having an awesome time Linda!!

Good luck at work tomorrow - but do make sure to take care of you!

Less than two weeks til party time now!
~Angi

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

TSinNC
on 10/23/12 10:14 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 Great NSV! Good luck back at work.

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

swizzlequeen
on 10/24/12 12:38 am
LInda B,

The amazing thing about ice skating is that .... it defies the laws of physics! I mean, it is not a physically possible thing to do, and yet, there they all are, merrily going around and around the ice rink! And what is even more amazing is that I, The Unathletic One, do it too! Oh, not well, or skillfully or gracefully or confidently, but I am able to skate along a bit here and there before having to give my poor feet a rest...the only thing that I seem to be able to do with any skill really is swizzle (hence the name "Swizzlequeen"!!

One of the big goals that I have for WLS is the ability to be able to skate better and more comfortably. I am soooo encouraged that you find that your balance is better. I am hoping that my feet won't cramp up so much, especially my toes. (Do your toes ever hurt when you skate? I mean other than because your skates didn't fit properly. Why does that happen?) The truth is, I have not been on the ice for   quite some time -- I think that my weight does get in the way of being comfortable, and maybe even safe, on the ice...

I want to:
(1) be able to skate without the toe pain

(2) to accomplish a one-foot glide (balance, balance!)

(3) to learn how to do figures

You are going to feel fantastic when you get those new skates! Getting new skates is like getting wings for flying!!

Enjoy, and congratulations!

Please keep us posted on your skating victories!1

==swizzlequeen.
acbbrown
on 10/24/12 1:14 am - Granada Hills, CA
Next time take me with you!!!!!!!!!!!  Im super jealous!

Too bad the downtown LA rink isnt open yet - but we should check it out over the holiday season. It's an outside rink in Pershing Square.

See you in a couple of days!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Shagdoll
on 10/24/12 11:42 am
Linda that is an awesome NSV!!!
I want ice skating once in my life. Let's have a meet up at an ice skating rink!!!! I just hope I don't break a wrist like I did to both when I was younger roller skating. I'm so clumsy!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active
Recent Topics