one month down

Linda B.
on 10/13/12 12:02 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
Well, today is my one month surgiversary. I've lost 17 pounds since my surgery date and 43 pounds since my program orientation. So far, so good. I'm on soft foods now and that is going well. I can actually see my legs and wrists shrinking. It is quite amazing to me. My flip flops are too loose, and I've had to purge the closet. I did pick up some stuff at yard sales and thrift stores so that I'll have something to wear when I go back to work. Wow, what a first month.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/12 12:06 pm
It only gets better and better.  :)
Linda B.
on 10/13/12 4:09 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
I'm looking forward to the next round of changes Now that I can have soft foods, I'm heading to the freezer for some green chicken soup for lunch tomorrow.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

MB_MB
on 10/13/12 12:56 pm
 Hi Linda!!!  I am almost a monh out to!!  I am so excited about this journey!!!  MB
Linda B.
on 10/13/12 4:11 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
So far, it's been great. I hope you are enjoying your changes too?

MB_MB
on 10/13/12 4:49 pm
I am!!  Where did you get your green soup?  I am mostly struggling with getting all my protein in and am finding that I have to do that with protein shakes which are filling fast.  How are you doing with getting all the fluids and protein in?  I would love to keep in tough since we had surgery about the same time and am still very novice.  MB
Linda B.
on 10/14/12 1:25 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
The green chicken soup is on Elina_7's profile page. There are many of us who love this soup. It is easy, full of good ingredients, and it freezes well. I keep several containers of this and my homemade bison chili in the freezer to grab and go for lunch. DH & I take our lunch to work.

I use one of my protein shakes split between 2 cups of coffee. If you do this, be sure you don't add protein to hot liquid, it will clump into a nasty mess. I add the cold mixed shake to the coffee and then heat it up a bit in the microwave. The second one is at night before bed. In between, I sip on water all the time.

I was fortunate that DH had his VSG 9 months before me, it really helped me be more prepared. I started living the lifestyle ahead of time. So, when did you have your surgery? Don't worry about being a novice, there is lots of good advise and support on this forum.

MB_MB
on 10/14/12 1:38 pm

Thank you for responding.  I had surgery Sept 13.  I am having a hard time getting all the protein in. I definately have to look into these recipes.  Thanks so much.   I am getting my protein through shakes and yogurt.  MB

Linda B.
on 10/14/12 5:41 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
We actually had surgery the same day. It is tough to get your protein in the beginning, that's what the shakes are for. I also noticed that you have one of the best surgeons, take advantage of the support group. It will help. There are many vets on the forum who had the same surgeon as you, they mention support group often so it must be good. Also, a good place for recipes is the egg face blog. I don't have the link because it is bookmarked on my other computer. But you can use the search feature to find it. Lots of WLS recipes, haven't tried one the family didn't like yet. Just keep at ti, it will get better.

frisco
on 10/13/12 2:49 pm

Keep the path.......!!!

You know what to do .........

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active
Recent Topics