I need help with fiber ??? Or other remedies to move things along

cindymissouri
on 10/6/12 2:20 pm
RNY on 01/06/15
I found the chia seeds. Wow on all the nutrients. Just one question. How much of them a day do you eat and how do you count the calories? They absorb a lot from what I read when you soak them

Lost 34 lbs before surgery

Ms Shell
on 10/6/12 6:15 am - Hawthorne, CA
I think my taking a daily probiotic in addition to getting fiber from vegetables is what helps keep me regular.  I do an occassional milk of magnesia if I haven't gone for 2 days.

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Teresa J.
on 10/6/12 7:59 am - McKinney, TX
VSG on 08/06/12 with
Right after surgery I used milk of magnesia but today I find I am more regular with flax seed.

Teresa

wls2011
on 10/6/12 10:39 am - Ballston Lake, NY
Definitely get on a daily probiotic...I like Digestive Advantage brand.
Hot coffee helps too.
Stool softeners will work if you catch the problem early enough....
A stronger remedy is Smooth Moves herbal tea taken at bedtime...
And of course the other things like MOM, Miralax, & such, but they didn't work as well for me.
Mainly, I have to make sure I'm getting in enough liquids daily or there can be issues...and I avoid binding foods like bananas.

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

cindymissouri
on 10/6/12 1:41 pm
RNY on 01/06/15
Thanks all. Where do you get chia seeds

Lost 34 lbs before surgery

KathyA999
on 10/6/12 1:45 pm
Miralax, a capful in my first cup of coffee every day.  And then lots of water thru the day.  (I don't actually use Miralax, I use the Costco brand of the same stuff, comes in a pkg of three shrinkwrapped together and is much cheaper, for how much I use, LOL!)

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Trlme123
on 10/6/12 8:23 pm - Oswego, NY
 Picked up strained baby prunes and they worked like magic. Of course I cleared with NUT first and she said that would be fine.  One little container every other day works really well for me.  I eat the container throughout the day, like one toddler spoon size after eating meals.

rainyone
on 10/7/12 4:24 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
I've tried everything. For me what works best is senna 2-3 times a week. As well as drinking pear juice ( I use a nectar which is pear puree - works better than prune juice for me)  I've tried miralax , colace, milk of mag, holy tea, magnuesuim, suppositories ( still have to occasisionally use to help move things along - just glycerine ones - my body will sometimes just have it down low and i have no urge but can feel that I should go- the supps help that)

Everyone is different and you will find what works for you.

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Jessi * There and
Never Back Again *

on 10/8/12 9:58 pm - Chandler, AZ
VSG on 04/25/12
I stopped having any issues after I picked up some fresh dates from the farmer's market.  I have 1 a day and it's worked perfectly for me.
5'2   HW-324 • SW-277 • GW-165Surgery Date 4/25/12