Ok I cheated...

Margaret.hollar
on 10/5/12 3:55 pm - NC
Day nine out from vsg...I am so tired of drinking. I hate cream of anything soup and broth is tasting like dirty water. Today I added a pinch of shredded cheddar to the broth to make it creamier. Omg it was delicious. But my stomach is sort of rumbly. Now I'm afraid I am going to be on the side of the statistics that doesn't loose with vsg. I know this sounds melodramatic but I am feeling so weak and frustrated. Holy Moses this next week of liquids will be so painfully long...I guess I just need to get back to work so I can take my mind off things.
lisa2job
on 10/5/12 5:12 pm - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
those first two weeks will be hard.... been there done that.  I took  tomatoe soup and added some taco seasoning to it ,  a dab of yogurt and a pinch of cheese,  boy oh boy its delish !!!  I ate that almost every day for a week....  better than plain oh broth.     also I tried a few different types of soup,  like I roasted some asparagus and then blended it ,  added some mint, dill, and lemon juice and warmed it back up with alittle chicken broth,  that was really good and fresh tasting....    also I ate allot of yogurt ,  add some flavored protien poweder like strawberry ....   
when do you get to do soft food ?  my doctor only had me 3 days clears,  2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks soft food ,  now I am almost at the regular food stage....    once you hit soft its all easy !!!

Jaybee766
on 10/5/12 9:33 pm - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with

You're doing great - really.  It'll be fine and you will be fine.  Hang in there.  The first 3 weeks seem to take forever and then time flies!  Enjoy the time off work - it'll be there waiting for you when you get back.  Purees/Mushies are just around the corner and will be fantastic and even that phase flew by to me!  You can do this! 

Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

Grantus
on 10/5/12 11:17 pm
That's a pretty tiny cheat on the grand scheme of things.
bagelface
on 10/5/12 11:37 pm
VSG on 08/22/12
 One of the things that got me through liquids was chicken broth (I like the Kirkland organic from Costco) mixed with about 1/4-1/3 V8 juice.  To that I added a scoop of Syntrax nectar medical unflavored protein powder and a small dash of curry powder.  I thought it was pretty good, but if you are not a fan of V8 you might not agree. 

Adding a little cheese is no biggie.  Sounds like you are doing fine. 
Lee ~
on 10/6/12 5:54 am, edited 10/6/12 5:51 pm - CA
You have a valid fear of things possibly not going as well as you would like.

You had X number of years (insert your age) of being able to cheat with no consequences except morbid obesity. You did not climb on that table so that you could continue to cheat and try to get away with it. You got on the table with hopes for a better life free of gobs of fat around your organs.

Pull it together. You can do this. Make a phone call, take a walk, research your new wardrobe, take your measurements, fantasize about how great you will look.

Cheating today makes it easier tomorrow. How many diets ended with a cheat and promise of starting tomorrow. Of course that cheese tasted great. Your sleeve lready told you to knock if off.

For the people telling you it was a minor slip, or patting you on the back saying its ok, those people would pour you a margarita after an AA meeting, because we all know That a little bit really doesn't matter. Right? You have to decide what matters to you. You can do this sans the margaritas or cheese. Food was my drug of choice. I want to self medicate daily, but I love my size 6 jeans more.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

stephanieplum
on 10/6/12 9:48 am
VSG on 06/27/12
 Well said!

Most Active
Recent Topics