A is for Attitude

jubjub
on 10/1/12 2:19 pm - Palm Desert, CA
VSG on 06/25/12
Not to mention an incredible personal story of survival in the harshest of conditions.

Heaviest: 313/VSG Pre: 295/Surgery: 260/Maintenance target:190 - Recent: 195 (08/15/19)

1st 2015&2016 12-Hour Time Trial UMCA 50-59 Age Group
1st 2017 Race Across the West 4-Person 50-59 Age Group
4th 2019 Race Across America 8 Person Team

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/12 2:25 pm
Sometimes, when things seem tough in my personal life, I pick up his book, hold it close and murmur, "I too can find meaning in this and with it, the grace to keep going".  The human spirit and will has a bottomless reservoir for survival.  When we get in touch with this, we become unstoppable.
MB_MB
on 10/1/12 3:10 pm
Wow!!  I love it.  Amazingly I was feeling down today and pesstimistic that here I am a little over two weeks out of surgery and I keep thinking that maybe this will be like every other weight loss thing I have tried.  I keep looking at before and afters thinking that wont be me.  Think I will be saving this post for emergency situations too!  Thanks for the inspiring words of wisdom.  I can change my feelings!!! MB
mai7amad
on 10/1/12 3:39 pm - United Arab Emirates
 Elina , posts like these are what helped me through my journey from the very begining, i cant thank you enough , you , frisco and many others on OH...im not sure you remember me , my user name was pushmug but something went wrong with my account and i had to make a new one...anyway i love your posts. 

acbbrown
on 10/1/12 4:17 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Very touching tonight. Truth in its purest form :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

nursgirl
on 10/1/12 10:11 pm - Sunny Southern CA, CA
VSG on 09/14/12

LOVE this post!! I do the same thing and I post inspirational/positive quotes on my Facebook all the time! There's way too much negative in this world, we give away our power when we focus on negativity and pessimism.. life is too short to live in fear, anger, and regret! we need to celebrate every single day no matter what it brings. If we really look for it there is ALWAYS a positive in EVERY situation!

SURGERY 9-14-2012 DR. PONCE DE LEON
pics of my trip: 
http://wlsherewego.shutterfly.com/pictures/14              
TSinNC
on 10/1/12 11:07 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
Yes! Yes! Yes!

And the timing of this post couldn't be better, at least for me today. Thank you for sharing.

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

PBJ
on 10/2/12 12:12 am
Hi Elina,

Thank you for the this post...it was great and I think just what I needed today!  Your timing was perfect!

hugs
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
diane S.
on 10/2/12 9:42 am
So true Elina. Attitude is everything.

And with respect to wls, the most important mental step is believing that you can do this and that it will work. thats perhaps the best thing my surgeon did for me - convinced me that it would work.    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/