How did you transition to soft foods?

nieba
on 9/13/12 12:42 pm - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with
 I will be starting the soft foods/pureed on Tuesday and I am a bit nervous. I did get pretty nausous going into full liquids. What foods did you start with? I am so excited to start eating foods again. 

Just had my 2 week check and everything was removed. The drain fell out on Monday, and today they removed the staples. 

Can't wait to actually have substance again. Any advise?

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

emelar
on 9/13/12 12:57 pm - TX
Tuna mixed with a little mayo to make it super moist, and I think I sprinkled a little shredded cheese on it.  Could only eat about an ounce or ounce and a half, but it went down easy and stayed down.  Good luck!
lisa2job
on 9/13/12 1:17 pm - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
I have another week but my sister is going through soft foods now ,  she started with eggs softly scrambled,  egg salad, tuna sald, chicken salad things like that.  she also found that she could do pulled pork  the store bought kind that worked really well for her.  and another staple for her was cottage cheese fat free kind ,  with alittle spaghettis sauce over it , add some parmesean cheese and a pinch of mozerella taste like lasagna she said......   it smelled like it I can tell you that much..... makes me hungry just thinkng about it.  also she has potty meat  and some canned corned beef hash....    refired beans is also a staple with her
Wildcat-NYC
on 9/13/12 2:28 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 I started with Greek yogurt and cottage cheese.  The first day I tried Greek yogurt sweetened with SF torani syrup.  I measured 1/4 of a cup and literally dipped the tip of my spoon into the yogurt and ate that.  I waited 2 minutes before bites to make sure that my stomach would be ok.  I ate the yogurt over 30 minutes.  After each spoon dip, I would wait for a minute or two to see how my stomach was reacting.

Just take it slow and if you start to feel nauseas - stop.  Only introduce 1 new food per day.

Good luck!

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
rhearob
on 9/13/12 2:41 pm - TN

Introduce new foods slowly.  I always advise thinking about it like introducing new foods to a baby.  Go slow, one new food at a time, and see how you tolerate it.

For me, I started with eggs - and they sat in my stomach like a brick.  Then (I went to purees at Thanksgiving) was blended turkey.  That tasted like cardboard.  During that stage I really like Boca Vegan Veggie patties mushed up with a fork and ketchup.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Tracasa
on 9/13/12 3:15 pm
This might sound gross but it tasted wonderful. Underwood deviled ham it had taste and was easy going down. Cottage cheese mashed down, taco bell beans and cheese. Yogurt mixed with sf pudding, take it slow and try one new food at a time!

bird-E-bird
on 9/13/12 3:20 pm - TX
Just take things slow, very small bites. I used a baby spoon and sometimes still do. Pay attention to how you feel and don't force it (as with any stage). Each day gets better and you'll get more down than a spoon.
frisco
on 9/13/12 4:25 pm

Slow......Gradual.....

Eggs and Soft Fish first........

Chicken and Chicken Breast should be last....

Think Soft and Wet.........

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active
Recent Topics