final indulgences

Linda B.
on 9/8/12 2:00 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
I am at a training for Social Science teachers about Constitution Day at the Ronal Reagan Library. I stayed in a hotel last night. I must confess, I have been eating like crap since last night. I had my very last piece of red velvet cake (my weakness). I should not have done that. I knew from the last time I would not feel well after I ate it, but I figured it would be my last chance (VSG is 5 days away). I did feel like crap, and after being off sugar for months, it is amazing how sugar creates this yucky film in my mouth after I eat it. It also makes me jittery and a little sick. I really think this experience will help me the next time I feel tempted to eat something full of sugar. Bread...now that's a whole different story. I guess it will be baby steps. Do I regret this? Not really, I did learn that sugar affects me in an unpossitive way. Now, time to get back on plan and put the part of my life where dessert was my favorite part of a meal behind me.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

acbbrown
on 9/8/12 2:09 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 I almost wish I had this problem!!! 

The amazing part after surgery is the simple healthy things that become as satisfying as these indulgences used to be. People dont believe me but Id much rather have a protein shake than a milk shake or some other sugar filled dessert. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

blessedbutlers
on 9/8/12 3:53 pm - TX
 Don't feel guilty!  I am self pay and have no insurance requirements.  I have been eating all my "last" meals, LOL.  I am less than 6 weeks out, and will have to go on liquid only 7 days prior.  
theshrinkingmimi
on 9/8/12 4:24 pm
I enjoyed my last days before the 2 week liquid pre-op diet.  It was glorious. 
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Linda B.
on 9/8/12 10:55 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
It was kind of nice to just throw caution to the wind for a day. The truth will be told in the morning when I step on the scale. I have to be careful to not gain any weight before surgery or it could get cancelled. I don't have to do liquids only until the day before, but I do need to be careful for the rest of the week.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Most Active
Recent Topics