Logically, I get it...Emotionally, so frustrated!

landdnurse2
on 9/1/12 8:10 am - Midwest City, OK
Everyone is unique in their personal weight loss experience. If you track, everything you ingest, walk and drink a ton of water the weight will come off.
Have you been measuring? I find when I am not losing weight I am dropping a ton of inches.
Don't be frustrated but go back to why you had this surgery. It took years to become obese and it will take some time to have a normal BMI. This is a lifestyle change not another "diet".
Good luck to you and keep on making wise decisions!

HW 321 (9/08) SW 312 (1/11)  Pre-op 280 (11/1) Surgery 270 (12/11)
stephintexas
on 9/1/12 9:30 am
My loss has been a super slow rate. I believe carbs were a HUGE part of it. My dr kept insisting I should be losing faster but peeps here are right, all of our bodies are different. You may have to play around a bit to find what works for your body. Meaning, once you get to a progressive food stage, try decreasing some things, adding in others. etc.

happyteacher
on 9/1/12 9:43 am
 It is the cumulative total that  will be significant.   Try not to get too caught up on the daily or even weekly.  I remember distinctly feeling at about 3 months out that my rate of loss was comparable to dieting before surgery.  Of course the difference is that the sleeve won't quit.  Now 8 months out you can see by my ticker that it seriously adds up.  I did not post huge numbers on any given month- just steady month in and month out.  You will get there, just focus on the inches for now. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

stephintexas
on 9/1/12 9:56 am
Do you have pics?

Pinkone
on 9/1/12 10:00 am - Des Moines, IA
VSG on 08/13/12
 I hope that's it.....just would like to have not hit a stuck scale one week in! I am hoping slow and steady is what's going on. So much effort for so little results so far. Intellectually, I know what's what, but that isn't squelching my desire for results. ;)
Tracey    
jolenecsky
on 9/1/12 11:11 am - Franklin, KY
VSG on 08/15/12
Hey! I had surgery 2 days after you. I have also been stalling for about a week. I am not worried though. Yes, it is frustrating, but this is a lifelong journey. I have also noticed that during this stall, I have dropped inches like crazy. Our bodies are all different and all going to lose the weight differently, but don't get depressed about it!! Just keep moving and eating right, and I promise you will see results!!

DOS: 8/15/12

Italian-Princess
on 9/1/12 11:39 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Hi Pinkone

Feel free to friend me on MFP.  I'm Justme72847 there.  Once we are friends there, you can see my food diary and if you have yours open to others, I can look at what you've been eating.  Maybe I could help.............no expert, but maybe I could give you a little guidance.

Four ounces so early out is a lot of food.  I can barely get 3-3.5 ounces now and I'm 9 weeks out.

One super idea I copied from those further out than I am was to measure myself the day before surgery.  So far, I've measured 2 more times:  at one month and at 2 months.  First month, I lost 18 inches; second month 10 inches.  My weight loss is very slow since my first month out.  I barely get in 600-640 calories a day and I exercise 3 times a week for over an hour at my fitness center.  It's frustrating for me, too!

I totally understand your despair at not seeing the scale move.  Measuring will help that because as so many have said here, when you stop losing during a stall, you are probably losing inches.  Try it -- it's worth the few minutes a month to do it.

Good luck...............

Ree
Pinkone
on 9/1/12 2:42 pm - Des Moines, IA
VSG on 08/13/12
 Thanks..it has been very frustrating. I never did measure, not even sure what all to keep up with. With my Band, I just measured against how my clothes fit. So far, no noticeable difference. :(  I've put on one shirt that I used to not wear because it hugged and that seems looser, but when trying on a pair of jeans and another t-shirt, no difference. 

My Nut's guide gives me an outline of 2 oz of a soft protein, and 1 oz each of a veggie and another side. I usually have 2-4 oz of one thing instead. Breakfast is usually a 1/4c or less of Egg Beaters, for example. 1/4 c. of refried beans with some cheese and taco sauce. I am not sure that's even 4 oz though, even though her guide has it. 

I've not done friends on MFP, but I'll see if I can do it!
Tracey    
Italian-Princess
on 9/1/12 3:04 pm - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
If you want to friend up on MFP, I can send you an invite if I have your name there.  I don't want to be pushy -- just offering.......it's up to you.  

None of this is easy -- that's why when anyone says about it being the easy way out, I want to smack 'em upside the head with a 2 by 4 LOL 

Italian-Princess
on 9/1/12 3:09 pm - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Hahahaha..........if I had checked MFP I wouldn's have sent the above message.........I'm SLOW LOL 
Most Active
Recent Topics