Vitamins

nieba
on 8/8/12 1:50 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with
Okay as I am taking my vitamins while going through my pre-op it got me to think...am I going to be able to swallow these after surgery? I am most of mine are small, except the giant Calcium pill. I have my chewable multi, my B-12 dot and everything else is small in size.

How was if for you the first month getting all your vitamins or medicine down? Any suggestions?

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

Shagdoll
on 8/8/12 1:53 am
Every surgeon will be different so maybe ask yours. My surgeon was fine with me not taking vitamins the 1st 3 weeks. Then I started to take Bariatric chewables since I preferred them.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Lisa S.
on 8/8/12 1:55 am - NV
VSG on 07/09/12
I had the same concerns. Look at your surgeons instructions. Mine was to start back with the multi, b12, and calcium 2 weeks post op. My multi is chewable, b12 is sublingual (under tongue). And I found DELICIOUS chewable calcium at Target. My other vitamins I started taking this past week. I am just now 4 weeks post op. I swallow with lots of fluid. Or I sometimes swallow with a bite of yogurt.

nieba
on 8/8/12 2:12 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with
Chewable calcium? What kind?

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

Lisa S.
on 8/8/12 2:38 am - NV
VSG on 07/09/12
The chewable calcium is Target's Up & Up Brand. Its next to the calcium pills. Now it is calcium carbonate. But our tummys can handle it!!

Carmelita
on 8/8/12 2:14 am - Four Corners, NM
I was put on a horse sized PERSCRIPTION capsule multi-vit by my surgeon...post op...just had to wet my whistle and take with food initally.  
Later I learned to take multi-vit and other supps I supplement w/ dinner. Multi-vits stimulate my appetite.C& Bvits ...water soluble so bump up at night too...so I ain't peein em out all day w/ activity....workin while my body is at rest! 

I used generic Tums as my calcium supplement  for a few weeks. I was very suprised to see our forums sponsor rec. Tums as a calcium supplement for their post op pts the first month. 

Ive never had a problem taking my vits n mins...no matter the size, I work around it.

I crushed my horse pill calcium w/ mag and D3...harder w/ a pill crusher, so hammer time! lmao .and mixed it w/ food...then got too lazy...and just chewed em! 

I was given the go-ahead on horse pill fish oil gel caps at 2 weeks post op.  Again just gotta wet my whistle beforehand and take with food.  Now I do krill oil. better bioavail n small. 

There are a HOST OF WAYS....to get around gettin in yer required vitamins and minerals...
liquid, capsules, sublingual, chewies, gelcaps, pills, suppostories, shots.  Explore yer options ,-) 

just MAKE SURE....you GET EM IN YA ,-)

Most Active
Recent Topics