Trader Joes or Whole Foods

happyteacher
on 8/6/12 10:06 am
 Don't get me wrong, I adore Rob... but I adore Trader Joes to help switch it up a bit.  There are things there that I just have no clue how to make and are very vsg friendly... much of it is organic too.

baked Tofu- awesome!!!
uncured chicken hot dogs- no nitrates, low cal (60 I think) with lots of protein and no nitrates
uncured bacon- I just use it on salads, not a main course
fish- they have a nice selection of filets frozen and vacuum sealed- super easy and yummy stuff 

There is much more, and many things that will help to spice up what you are doing.  Worth the trip!  I like whole foods too, but it is more expensive.  

With that said, I do love Rob's suggestion on the chicken.  Nothing better than precooking for a few days.  Then again, I am lazy- I tend to go for the rotissiere chicken from Sams.   

I am blessed with  a husband who cooks :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

AnnieinIA
on 8/6/12 10:17 am
I will find mom4jazz - thanks.
judyk62
on 8/6/12 1:27 pm - Santa Rosa, CA
 Traders Joes is where I buy 75% of my food. Egg face has a great list of Trader Joes go- to items.

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

Luvnall3
on 8/6/12 4:53 pm
Sorry for my lack of knowlege, but do you have to have a membership or anything to shop at Trader Joes? I have never been there but know a few people who have. I don't live close to one, but it may be worth my drive if I can actually find what I need. thanks

31 yrs. old~Height : 5'4" HW: 265 * SW: 263 * CW: 181 * GW: 160

Phatchick
on 8/6/12 7:11 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
You do not need a membership to shop at Trader Joes.

FYI, Trader Joes is owned by the owner of Aldis. I shop at Aldis too sometimes.

Best,

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics