What eating and walking have in common...

acbbrown
on 6/22/12 1:08 am - Granada Hills, CA
This makes me want to go get a pedometer as a constant reminder :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Lee ~
on 6/22/12 1:13 am - CA
 Love it. You're such a thoughtful woman. I always look for your posts. I couldn't agree more.

Ive hiked 26 miles since Sunday and while I might want that to be enough, I'm meeting two WLS pals for 5.5 miles of hill walking in the Redwoods.  Same with the food. It's a new day on MFP just waiting to be completed.

I was on vacation for over two weeks, up two pounds from lots of restaurant food and NYC treats.  Down the 2 this morning, but not without really watching it for the week and getting in lots of exercising.

This seems, for me, to be a very careful balancing act in my third year.  I envy those that can shed weight quickly, but know that this one day at a time really works for me.  If I released weight quickly I might be more inclined to give myself more than a two to three pound comfort range, then find myself with five that I couldn't get off.  Regain scares my panties off me!

My iPhone app, Pedometer free resets daily. I only use it while exercising because it's a battery drain. Gives distance, time, calories burned, steps, average speed etc. It ncourages me to push that extra distance.  I have outlived more pedometers than I can count, so this works well.  The hundreds of daily life steps don't matter to me, just the ones from actual exercise.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Solstyce
on 6/22/12 1:14 am - WA
VSG on 02/18/12 with
Love this, thanks for the insight!

HW: 286  Consult: 276  SW:265   Pre-op: -11   1Mo -27  2Mo -11  3Mo -15  4Mo -6 (stall
UGH!)  5Mo -12
seeingmyselfthere
on 6/22/12 1:57 am
VSG on 03/07/12
 wow - what an awesome post - and right on point with where i am. i have a type 'A' personality - i'm always pushing myself and rarely reach the unrealistic standards i hold myself to. added to that is the profound realization that in this journey - even when i do everything right - it's only good for about 24 hours. the pressure, disappointment, pleasure and excitement each day brings can be overwhelming. 

a dear friend shared a quote by jim elliot that has stuck with me and is helping me deal with the negative side of my personality type - "...wherever you are, be there."  so when i get up in the morning i set the temp for the day - make my decisions about what i want to accomplish and go for it. at the end of the day - wherever i am i'm learning to be content, because even that is subject to change. i don't want to rush past the experiences in my race to the finished line and miss the feelings and emotions and changes and improvements, ect. each day is a one shot one kill deal - i want to make the best of it, knowing whatever the outcome - when it's over it's over. sometimes it feels like a blessing and a curse - but i'm so glad God designed our lives with reset buttons. without it, where would i be. i shutter to think - lol.

thank you so much for sharing! great start to my friday! :-)

Happy966
on 6/22/12 2:28 am

Thank you!  "...Wherever you are, be there!"  That's what I want, to really be where I am, so I can know how to get to where I want to be.  I tell myself something similar, that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, otherwise I'd be somewhere else.

Hugs!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

seeingmyselfthere
on 6/22/12 2:31 am
VSG on 03/07/12
 i love it!!!!! and thanks for the hugs - sending some right back atcha!! :-D

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/12 2:05 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12
Thank you for this post!! I really need to remember that every day counts and every day starts new. This journey really IS one day at a time, one step at a time.
Carmelita
on 6/22/12 2:20 am - Four Corners, NM
mom2domandant
on 6/22/12 2:32 am - CA
VSG on 04/24/12
 Thanks for this awesome post.  I always love reading your posts.  Very inspirational!

HW: 276 SW: 264 CW:153.4 GW:155 M1: 21lb M2: 14lb M3: 11lb M4: 12.4lb M5: 10.8lb M6: 7.6 M7: 9.6 M8: 6.4 M9: 4.2 M10: 4.8 M11: 3 M12: 2.8 M13:?

diane S.
on 6/22/12 3:11 am
great concept. you are so right that every day is a new opportunity to promote your health regardess of any missteps the previous one. i always like seeing big numbers on my fit bit even though they are not 10000.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics