I now fit into my teenager's jeans :) Very long

Jackie00
on 6/16/12 3:04 am
So I have been in a weird stall for two months, I tried lots of different things and wasn't noticing the inches during this stall. So I lost a couple of pounds last week which I thought once again my stall was over but nope or maybe this is just the way I am going to lose now a couple pounds here and there.

So yesterday I put a pair of pants on and they were sliding down my butt, I am like WTF? So I went out and got another belt last night to hold up my pants. So today I was like ok lets see how much more I have to lose to fit into my teenager's jeans which are size 13's. THEY FIT!!!! I walked downstairs and showed her and she was like ok they fit, now take them off!!! HAHAH this is a kid that couldn't wait until we could share clothes.

I am walking just about every day, the weight is not really dropping off like it use to and I ran three times this week. Just run 4 poles, walk 4 poles lengths with a coworker that wants to do distance instead of time, which is ok with me but I plan to do the time intervals since I have the couch to 5k on my phone as well. My legs were killing me after the second run this week.

So where I was a little ticked off about not losing inches they are dropping off once again all at once, so weird. I still have 30 pounds to get to her weight.

Now my mom was here visiting last night with my sister and I told them I am about 50 away from my goal, they started to show their concern saying that this would be too small for me. I was like I am still in the 190's. So once again they are like are you going to be able to stop losing, I was like YEP. So they are saying (my sister lowest was 165 and she was so skinny with thyroid issues that she couldn't gain weight and was losing rapidly) that 165 would be good and yes I will be ok with that but I will take it further just to see if I can make it to the 135-145. I know I have a long road ahead of me at this rate and starting to wonder if I am just gaining my muscle mass with everything I am doing and finally the inches are moving again. I will have the talk to them when they get much worse and concerned about my weight that they are just use to seeing me so big that with a weight loss they are just not use to this on me. My sister is now battling weight gain where they are trying to control her thyroid medication once again, I don't know much about this but she is blaming the medication.

I work in a different building then my boss and lots of old co workers. I don't go to many of the meetings at the different location much. But lately I have been and my boss walks over to me and sits down and he tells me I am melting away, he probably put two and two together to know my surgery last fall was this but who knows. He continued to go on about how he is giving up soda and other things, I just put it easily to give up the carbs and showed him the hamburger patty that was on my plate with no bun, just a bit of mustard on it lol. Two other old coworkers came up to me and said they almost didn't recognize me, one I was pretty close to and she said after a bit of talking, so you are doing this all on your own and I said well yes because I have to watch what I eat etc... but I said that I had WLS as well. When I got back to my office I emailed her and told her the type of surgery I had and described it briefly. I have another function this week coming up where I will have to go and face all my old coworkers again, will have to see what other small outfits I can find to wear lol. Is it really possible for people not to recognize you? I still have the same old hair and I don't think my face has changed that much, maybe a bit thinner

Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Missey J.
on 6/16/12 3:17 am - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12 with
I think its great !  Congrats !

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
Jeanne T.
on 6/16/12 4:01 am
Congratulations!!  We just never know when we stall what will be the outcome.  Just keep doing what your doing and you will be there before you know it.  Isn't this fun!

Blessings,
Jeanne

amandataylor0819
on 6/16/12 7:19 am
 Is it really possible for people not to recognize you? I still have the same old hair and I don't think my face has changed that much, maybe a bit thinner  Is it really possible for people not to recognize you? I still have the same old hair and I don't think my face has changed that much, maybe a bit thinner 

Totally, I've had people walk right by me and I'm only 133 lbs down....still have a way to go....heck, somedays I just stare in the mirror cause I don't even recognize myself...my face is completely different...I bet your is too you just don't see if like others do...

ib40
on 6/16/12 8:42 am
It is absolutely possible for people to not recognize you. I was considered a lightweight by my surgeon (at 236 lbs.) and I've only lost 72 lbs so far, and people that I see regularly still don't recognize me from time to time.

I was at a fundraiser and dressed up a little more than I normally am. I walked up to a good friend that I see multiple times per week who was in a group of others that I know. She glanced at me but didn't say hello and sort of ignored me. About 5 minutes later (after I contributed to the ongoing conversation), she turned to me and said, "Crap! I didn't even recognize you!)

My mom and sister also don't recognize me sometimes, but I forgive them because I don't see them as often. Honestly, it's a pretty great feeling.

Jackie00
on 6/16/12 9:25 am
Wow hard to believe, but these were people I worked with everyday before I went to another building. Lol I sat at the table and one took a few mins and then said sorry, I didn't recognize who you were when you sat down. when I told my family this my daughter even said that I am getting tiny lol they are all use to seeing me 300 pounds almost, I lost ten or so before I started my pre op but it took months of eating small amounts every three to four hours.

I guess this explains all the people looking at me, maybe they didn't know who I was. I wore baggy clothes for a long time after my surgery and people couldnt believe the weight I dropped when I started wearing clothes that fit me. I haven't been this weight in over twenty years. It will be interesting when my ex sees me but he already has an idea that I am almost the size of our daughter I told him to get her money for her birthday so she can go buy some new clothes lol, my thinking was so I can wear them.
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

comeundone
on 6/16/12 10:12 am, edited 6/15/12 10:13 pm - OH
I got into my daughters shorts 3 days ago,I saw them laying there and thought " I wonder if I could get my thighs into them" to my surprise they fit not like on her but they zipped.She also was not amused
HW 289  SW 242

Jackie00
on 6/16/12 10:18 am
Well a few months ago my daughter was giving me sweaters, tshirts and everything and was so excited about me being able to share clothes with her since I wear jeans to work lol but she changed her tone when I told her I wasn't buying any extra clothes because I don't plan to stay in 13's either. So I think the novelty will wear off very fast if there is any left. It will be like back in high school where my sisters and I would all steal each other's clothing and get mad. I did start with her shorts first as well and they fit but I only wear them on the weekends and then after work I have enough of those at this size for the summer.
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

comeundone
on 6/16/12 10:30 am, edited 6/15/12 10:32 pm - OH
Well I was saying in a sing-song voice"Someone stole your shorts,Someone stole your shorts" that might have had something to do with it I have a twin so I know all about stealing clothes (she was always smaller than me so she stole mine though) My sister gave me clothes and bought me some but I think I might be getting close to smaller than her.
HW 289  SW 242

Jackie00
on 6/16/12 11:17 am
I have older sisters that are twins and they look nothing alike, faternal. They have never been the same size either. They would never look alike since different colors of hair. The only thing similiar in the twin issue is the daughter of one of them got the same type of teeth as her mother's twin, no one else in the family is like that lol.

I think it would be great if you go and steal some of your sister's clothes again just for old time sake, pay back when you are smaller then her.
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Most Active
Recent Topics