Today, I will not feed the monkey...

ib40
on 5/8/12 2:47 am
I just did 12 hours in the driver's seat this weekend, taking my kids to a state academic meet. We have these horribly wonderful mega convenience stores along the highways in Texas called Buccee's. I pulled in, purchased a 32 oz. unsweetened iced tea, a bag of jerky, some smoked turkey breast, some pepper jack cheese cubes, and some Ice Cube gum. This gave me all of the protein I needed for the day (and the ride home as well, thanks to a fridge in the hotel room),gave me something to put in my mouth that was legal while the rest of the family had lunch and snacks, and actually stopped that anxious feeling that I needed to eat because I was stressing with I35 traffic. I have noticed that my food cravings in the car are actually stress-induced and almost always occur after I have to deal with bad traffic--I live in a large town in a rural area, so bumper to bumper business and idiot drivers weaving in and out of traffic makes me nuts. FYI, Texans blame all of those out of state people who come to our great state for this ridiculous behavior on the road, but I digress...

Bottom line, you can pack or buy good sources of protein to eat on the road that will fill you up so you don't want to eat junk. You've got this!

kimbethin
on 5/8/12 2:48 am - CA
Have a safe ride!  Try some music you love and sing all the way home- you can't eat and sing :)  I am a horrible singer but nobody hears me in the car.  You can do it - starve that monkey!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
LaughingCow
on 5/8/12 3:20 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
Good for you!  Don't feed the monkey! 
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
Most Active
Recent Topics