To the newer folks...

Marabell
on 5/5/12 8:40 am
VSG on 06/07/12
hijack a bit here...

I was actually thinking about you earlier today ruggie.. (yes....good thoughts LOL) .....when is your surgery...soon right?

ruggie
on 5/5/12 11:25 am - Sacramento, CA
Yes, my plastic surgery is forthcoming.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

louisamay
on 5/5/12 8:58 am
VSG on 04/27/12
I've clearly missed the drama, from some of the posts I've seen today!

But I agree with this 100%.  What a fabulous site, with fabulous people.

And the VSG vets are amazing.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Dawn Nash
on 5/5/12 9:22 am - HI
Thank you so much for the post. I agree completely with what you stated as well as the other girl who posted about the importance of delivery and not beging judgemental.  I'm pre-op and have learned so much from this site. Really enjoying and loving it. but have been putt of from time to time by some of the judgemental, better-than or negative deliveries as well as some of the ganging up on a person for simply being human & making a mistake. I respond really well to helpful advise even when I don't want to hear it but I don't ever respond well to negativity deliveries, judgemental or people looking looking down at others. Thankfully, it only seems to be  a select few and I am simply learning to avoid their posts. Most of the people have been AMAZING and I am so thankful for! So happy I found this site and thank you for the wonderful post. Well said.
PaulaToronto
on 5/5/12 10:18 am - Toronto, Canada
Amen!

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

MeTime0418
on 5/5/12 11:25 am
VSG on 04/18/12
Couldn't have said it better myself!

doggz109
on 5/6/12 9:36 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Great post....

I admit that I am not the best at delivery and am pretty blunt most of the time.  It's how I am off line too.

However, I usually only post if I can try to help or make the person think.  I think that is what most people here are trying to do.....they aren't trying to embrass or shame or act superior....I think most of us really want everyone to succeed.
KathyA999
on 5/6/12 1:36 pm
Great post as usual, Happy! 

As they say in OA, my best thinking got me to 268 lbs., so when I embarked on this Great Experiment I decided that I didn't know **** beyond my own issues around food, and that if I wanted to be successful I needed to do what the successful people were doing.  So that's what I did, and do. 

Regarding delivery style, another OA phrase comes to mind:  "Take what you like and leave the rest."  To that, I would add, for God's sake don't ever EAT over what someone on the InterWebz said!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Happy966
on 5/6/12 1:42 pm

Yes, please don't anybody eat over this stuff!!  Yikes!  What a thought!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Most Active
Recent Topics