Thinking about surgery

JodiLynn80
on 5/4/12 1:13 am - Whitehall, PA
VSG on 10/15/12
Hi everyone:
I am new to the site. I am thinking about the gastric sleeve after reading about it and it appears that would be the rigth path for me. I made an appointment with my physician next friday to talk about it. While I don't suffer from high cholesterol or high blood pressure, etc., I do have a mild case of PCOS. I don't know if I would qualify but I hate feeling like this!
Any insight would be nice

Jodi
Whitehall, PA

Jennchap
on 5/4/12 1:18 am - CA
 Was the best thing I ever did for myself! If you have any questions rough the process were all here to help!
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

bedazzle
on 5/4/12 2:06 am
VSG on 04/26/12
 I didn't have any underlying comorbitites but had a BMI of 42. I was sleeved on 4/26! A lot of if you qualify or not is based on your insurance companies requirements. Good luck in your research and your journey!

louisamay
on 5/4/12 4:22 am
VSG on 04/27/12
I had a couple of co-morbidities so was eligible at a slightly lower BMI than would have happened otherwise.  It depends on your insurance and how much you have to lose.

I had mine done a week ago today and am thrilled.  I hope you get what you need!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Feystorm
on 5/4/12 6:07 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 It depends on each person's insurance what they require.  You would think they would be more apt to cover it - saves them from future bills for obesity related problems.  

Everyone here is really helpful. I hope you feel welcome and get approved quickly.  My only regret was waiting so long to try to have it done!

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

JodiLynn80
on 5/4/12 11:16 am - Whitehall, PA
VSG on 10/15/12
btw, love your puggy
Cortnee Z.
on 5/4/12 8:26 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
I didn't have any health issues before surgery either, just obesity. Most people are these days! And like everyone has said, it's all up to insurance. But talking to your doctor is the perfect place to start. You can ask him/her what their requirements are and then you know what you have to work towards. Insurance companies seem to be loosing the tight squeeze on these surgeries now becuase they are seeing that they are WAY more beneficial than every other method tried before.

I thought I wouldn't be approved for the same reasons, but that was not the case. My journey went extremely smooth!! 

Good luck and keep us posted!!
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
JodiLynn80
on 5/4/12 11:15 am - Whitehall, PA
VSG on 10/15/12
Thank you ALL for the kind words and insight into this journey! I hope everything goes smoothly and I look foward to talking with my doctor next friday!
God Bless!

Jodi
Whitehall, PA

thinkinhaboutvsg
on 5/5/12 4:42 am
PCOS is one of many co-morbidities, if your bmi is not that high, good luck.
JodiLynn80
on 5/5/12 5:19 am, edited 5/5/12 5:20 am - Whitehall, PA
VSG on 10/15/12
Thank you for your reply, actually I have a bmi of 40. I suffer from pcos and was at risk of being pre diabetic. I think I have as much a chance as anyone else.
Most Active