Did watching everyone eat for Easter make you sad too?

Babydoll58
on 4/8/12 1:07 pm, edited 4/8/12 1:11 pm - AZ
 Oh my. that must have been torture. I thought about that today as I ate my "last supper" with my family-pre op starts tomorrow.

Try this-if that should happen again, just think about all the unhealthy food they are eating and what it's doing to their bodies...think of how much healthier you are going to be and how much better you are going to feel. Keep your eyes on the prize...

SuzanneR
on 4/8/12 1:09 pm - Randolph, NJ
 nope I felt fine. i had mostly protein and salad with 3 bites of dessert and no wine. i am grateful to not eat myself into a stupor like i used to and i'll feel great when i wake up tomorrow not dopey and exhausted. 

Kevin H.
on 4/8/12 1:18 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 I have felt that way in the past certainly and have posted about it on here too.  I'm no Vet by any means only being 9 weeks post op but I can tell you that it doesn't bother me as much as it did a few weeks ago.  I did pretty good today.  I had some ham and 2 bites of a potato and some green bean casserole so it was alright to watch everyone else eat finally.

It will get better the further out you go .. I can feel things improving.

theshrinkingmimi
on 4/8/12 2:08 pm
I had a wonderful Easter!  However, you are 5 days out. My appetite was nonexistent at the time, but I don't know that I would have gone to a BBQ. People brought food to my house but I didn't care.

Sorry you were so tortured.  Liquids don't last forever....they just feel like they do.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
ruggie
on 4/8/12 3:25 pm - Sacramento, CA
I never really feel this way anymore - food had changed so much for me, and more imporantly, I've changed my dependance on food.  I don't use food to self-medicate or soothe me or increase my happiness, so I don't really feel like I miss anything during these big, stupid eat-a-thons that we Americans have.  

I just look at them with adject amusement, honestly.  I think about how people will be eating so much calories that they'll be too tired to exercise - the irony!  Then I think about just how many billions of calories I'd be eating if I wasn't sleeved, and then the composition - because let's be honest, it would be a billion calories of sugar and carbs, not protein. 

So I don't really have any negative feelings at these gatherings anymore.  Oh, sure I did, when I was close out of surgery like you, but after you break some of the emotional attachment to food and the link to the pleasure derived from tasting them, you'll find it just won't bother you so much as time goes on.  

Hell, I had potatoes today, thought "blah" about the taste, and couldn't be bothered to eat them.

You'll get through it - hang in there.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

jn26845
on 4/8/12 10:45 pm
We went to my boyfriends family for dinner and they have about 40 guests. I have not told them about my surgery and i'm still on clear liquids so what i did was make a  plate and we went outside and sat at a table just him and my 2 kids and i slid my things to his plate so  no one evan noticed and i was not evan tempted as we  still sat and had some good talk.
Most Active
Recent Topics