The cravings have receded...

Happy966
on 3/13/12 2:56 am

It's so weird how I can think that how it is right now is how it will be forever.  Or, at least that's what the monkey tells me about food. 

Today is *so* much better.  Three days of clean eating seem to have really calmed things down.

I've been posting about this to testify that almost all of us struggle with a desire to return to our old ways of eating, and that those ways are compulsive/addictive for many of us. 

And to remind myself that nothing horrible happens from having these feelings and not acting on them - it's just uncomfortable.  And that the feelings *pass*, especially if I *don't* act on them.  I have to remind myself of these things a lot - I can tolerate temporary discomfort in return for long-term PEACE OF MIND.

Thank you for all your support!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

MizzEvil
on 3/13/12 3:09 am, edited 3/13/12 3:09 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Thanks for the update and glad that it's all worked out.
You posted this while I was just sitting here thinking how I wanted to just grab a few bucks and head to vending machine for some snacks. Surgery in 3 days, and I've been so good. I'm so thankful I cleaned out the few things I had in my snack drawer last week and gave it to co-workers. 
Mom4Jazz
on 3/13/12 3:31 am
Glad you're doing better.

You are stronger than the monkey is loud. Just got to remember that!

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Kevin H.
on 3/13/12 3:37 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Happy I have always enjoyed reading your posts.  You have helped me and so many others.  It's good to know that you are feeling better.

judyk62
on 3/13/12 4:05 am - Santa Rosa, CA
Happy,

I saw your post yesterday and unfortunately didn't have time to respond. But you were very brave in putting your struggles out there for the rest of us to see and to then know that we are not the only ones. You seem to have a good sense of self awareness and I am very pleased to see that you are back on track.
Judy

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

Jamie D.
on 3/13/12 4:55 am
the mind can be a crazy thing at times. like my old habits was to eat when bored and sometimes i feel like imma go crazy wanted to snack eat. but i hav learned to eat some nut or protein bars which help in getting in protein since im not a big fan of shakes. i hate those drinks. the only one i like is the kellog drink but it has to many sugars. so i wont be buying them anymore. if i get a sweet tooth i grab a kellogs protein bar only once a day if needed. oh and sometimes i add raisins to my nuts. blue ribbon has good nuts.
momsy55
on 3/13/12 6:22 am - ME
Happy, glad you're feeling better and and put that darn monkey in its place yet one more time!  Mary 

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/12 6:25 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Amazing how a year is gone in a blink but 3 days of detox can last 70 lifetimes, huh?

Muwah girlie.
LISA C.
on 3/13/12 6:37 am - NJ
VSG on 02/22/12
I'm so glad you are feeling better, Happy.  Your posts are so, so inspirational and have taught me a lot.  Thanks for sharing!
(deactivated member)
on 3/13/12 6:53 am
I am so glad all is better for now.  It is humbling to realize how quickly the cravings can come back and to accept the life long part of this journey.  You are such a great role model for so many.  It makes it easier to know we are in this together.
Most Active
Recent Topics