WILL I EVER GET THIS????????

lnbrack
on 3/2/12 1:20 am - ALPHARETTA, GA
VSG on 02/23/12
PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WILL I EVER GET THIS!!SO I AM WHAT 9 DAYS OUT SO FAR I LOOKED BACK OVER MY FOOD JOURNEL AND I JUST HAVE NOT BEEN DOING THIS RIGHT AS OF ABOUT 3 DAYS AGO I JUST STARTED GETTING IN PROTEIN AND 2 DAYS BEFORE THAT JUST START GETTING ENOUGH WATER THERE HAS NOT BEEN ONE DAY YET THAT I HAVE DONE BOTH.I HAVE MY 1 WEEK POST OP VISIT WITH MY DOC AND NUT TODAY AND I JUST FEEL THEY WILL BE SO DISSAPOINTED IN ME....I AM DOING MY EGG TEST NOW WHERE I SCRAMBLE I EGG AND EAT AS MUCH AS I CAN BECAUSE MY APPT IS ABOUT 2 HOURS BUT HOW DO YOU GET ALL OF YOUR PROTEIN AND WATER IN...IN 1 DAY I HAVE BROUGHT MYSELF TO TEARS OVER THIS I HAVE BEEN TRYING BELEIVE ME I HAVE. I FIGURED OUT THE SWEET COLD PROTEIN WONT WORK I CANT TAKE ANYTHING SWEET WARM SOUPY LIQUID AND UNFLAVORED PROTEIN WILL WORK BUT HOW DO I GET IT ALL IN...IT TAKES ME ABOUT 3 HOURS EACH TIME I START WITH MY PROTEIN AND WATER IS JUST ALL DAY WHICH IS OK. CANT DRINK FROM A STRAW, NOT REALLY READY FOR SOLID FOOD,I HAVE NOT GAINED WEIGHT(ACTUALLY LOST)PROABLY DO TO STARVATION...BELIEVE IT OR NOT LOSING WEIGHT IS THE LEAST ON MY LIST RIGHT NOW I WANT SO BADLY TO BE ABLE TO BE HEALTHY AND THATS GOING TO COME FROM GETTING THE RIGHT THINGS IN MY BODY WHICH RIGHT NOW I AM FAILING TO DO....NOONE SAID THIS WOULD BE EASY....BUT SHOULD IT BE THIS HARD?

" With GOD before me who can be against me"

jesspress
on 3/2/12 1:33 am - FL
You wont get it all in right away. Do not feel disappointed. Be patient. If youre only 9 days post op you have nothing to worry about. Do what you can and celebrate it. Eventually you will work yourself up to the recommended levels. Your NUT will be able to give you some more ideas of stuff today. GOOD LUCK

carrierae
on 3/2/12 1:33 am - WA
you are only 1 week out. You want get protein in yet. Getting in your water is all you need to be really concerned about.

Be kind to yourself. This doesn't happen overnight! You are expecting yourself to be fully up and running like those of us that are months out. Your tummy is still swollen, you are still healing...take a deep breath and relax.

You will get there....just not yet. At 9 days out I was just trying to get in water and a little bit of cream soups and about 1/2 a protein shake in daily. Full protein was the farthest thing from my mind.

Carrie   HW: 334/Preop Appt W: 328/SW: 313/CW: 2  
preop: -21lbs, month 1: -28lbs, month 2: -16lbs, month 3: -18lbs, month 4: -11lbs,
month 5: -11lbs, month 6: -7lbs, ...all the way down. NOTE: after slacking I got back on track in Nov (month 12) and have lost 16lbs so far!

Heather D.
on 3/2/12 1:39 am - Austin, TX
Take a deep breath! You will get this. You're only 9 days post-op. Getting in all the water AND all the protein at this point is hard. You and your new stomach have to get to know each other and that could take awhile. Don't stress too much, just focus on healing right now. Just keep sipping tha****er and eat what protein you can. You'll be fine if you don't get every single ounce of protein you think you're supposed to.

You're not failing! You're trying and you're learning how to live in this new situation. It will take awhile before you're healed enough to form the new healthy eating habits that you want. Don't try to force yourself into them, just do/eat/drink what you can, when you can. It will get easier!

hermio
on 3/2/12 2:16 am
You will make it....Also remember protein shakes count as daily intake of fluids as well. So that 11.5 oz shake counts toward your 64oz liquids....

WOO HOOO

One day at a time and one sip after another.

1st Goal 225      2nd Goal  200     3rd Goal 180   Trying 1st = 3 mo    2nd = 6mo   3rd = 1yr  GW 180

Dec 5,  2011 VSG,    5'7" Male,     HW 320,     SW 276,     CW 235,     GW 190
Loss by Doc Visit 1mo=18   3mo= 26   6mo=??  
doggz109
on 3/2/12 3:02 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
You will be fine.....its hard for everyone in the beginning.

On a side note....can you try to not type in all caps.  At least for me it is very hard to read and everything just runs together! 
LISA C.
on 3/2/12 3:24 am - NJ
VSG on 02/22/12
I'm 10 days out, so just one more day than you, and I am getting about 48 oz water and one protein shake down a day.  That's the best I've been able to do so far.  Don't worry - you're so early out and you are not failing! Like another poster said, you are just getting used to your new tummy - which is still very swollen and healing - and you're just not going to get that much fluid in there yet.

Just do the best you can!
Most Active
Recent Topics