band to sleeve revision?

4evercaligrl
on 2/26/12 4:17 am
 I was just wondering if any of you have had the band and stopped losing weight or could not lose all the weight you wanted and switched to the sleeve with more success? I am having the revision done in a month and I am hoping for some inspiration and validation that I am making the right decision.  Does anyone know why people seem to be more successful with the sleeve? Also, is daily living very different with the sleeve than it is with the band?

Thanks everyone!

moonglo82
on 2/26/12 4:23 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Not sure who all on this board has had a revision, but I do know a woman who had her revision done the same day that my husband had his sleeve, and from what she has told me, she has been much happier with the sleeve than she ever was with the band.

As far as why people are more successful with the sleeve, I would say it has to do with the fact that the sleeve is permanent, while the band may not be. I'm sure others will have more information on this, but this is my best guess based on my limited knowledge of the band.

Best of luck. Keep us posted!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

A H.
on 2/26/12 7:51 am
Revision on 02/09/12
I don't think any of the band to sleevers on here have had that problem. I asked my Dr. this question and he said there was no reason why I shouldnt' be able to lose just like a virgin sleever. And so far so good... lost a net of 13 lbs in 2 weeks (almost 30 including fluids weight from hospital.) A bunch of band to sleeve revision people here are happily at goal. I'll get there soon hopefully.

Band (09/07) removed, revised to sleeve 2/9/12.

ALO1970
on 2/27/12 5:43 am
I am coming up on 3 months out from getting the VSG and am down 44 lbs today. I had the LapBand in 2007 and removed in 2010. For me, there were too many things that slid right through the band and I suffered from tremendous hunger all of the time. I never felt satisfied. Since my VSG I have very little hunger which really helps me stick to my Dr's program. I have great restriction (which I never had with the band). I can eat about 2oz for a meal and am completely stuffed. It is an amazing feeling-the VSG is the best thing I ever could have done for myself. Also, with the band I threw up every single day. Because every attempt I made at eating something normal would come up/get stuck...I ended up overreating on the foods that went right through. Witht he band, I only lost 40 lbs total over the course of 3 years. I hope my experience helps-I do know of people that have had great success with the band...this was just my experience.
4evercaligrl
on 2/27/12 1:46 pm
 Thanks! That was very helpful.  Cant wait to get this over with!

Most Active
Recent Topics