beef

Zedsmummy
on 2/22/12 11:29 pm - Canada
So my diet recommendations said no beef for 6 months. I'm 12 weeks post op and really tired of chicken and fish. Does anyone know why they specify no beef for 6 months? I had no restrictions on pork, just beef.

I have followed all my other dietary guidelines very closely but I'd love to have some beef!

Sleeved by Dr. Kelly, Tijuana BC Mexico, Decemeber 7th 2011.

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/12 11:35 pm
 Don't know but I'm curious to see what others may post.  I've been eating beef since my mushy phase...finely ground w/sauce.  I would say that it was a way to keep you on low fat meats, but pork isn't always lean.
Shagdoll
on 2/22/12 11:36 pm
I was able to eat beef by 3 months but everyone's plan is different. I was afraid to try it but had no problems with it. Hopefully someone else can chime in on this for you.
rhearob
on 2/22/12 11:52 pm - TN
 The reasoning is that red meat has more calories and less protein per gram than the leaner meats.  My program actually specifies no beef or por****il I reach 75% of goal.

It has been quite an adjustment for me, since all I ate previous to surgery was beef and pork.  Usually with pasta or potatoes - and those are out on my program too.

I stick with chicken - turkey is just awful and not as high in protein as the chicken.  What I do is grind the chicken up and make different types of sausages with it.  Then it has a great flavor and the protein and still falls within my diet.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

acbbrown
on 2/23/12 12:03 am - Granada Hills, CA
I was advised (not told) to not have beef early out because it can cause/contrubute to constipation....

I have been eating beef since about 4 mo out if I can recall and havent had any problems. It is a little higher in calories but it also fills me up a lot more than turkey/chicken. Takes longer to digest for me.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Karen-Adventure
on 2/23/12 12:37 am
No restriction on beef in my plan.  It hasn't caused any problems.

gamom135
on 2/23/12 12:59 am - Middle GA, GA
Me, either.  Not since I was cleared for solid foods.  Ground beef goes down just fine.
traciez
on 2/23/12 1:34 am - OK
VSG on 01/17/12
 I also didnt have any beef restrictions and havent had a problem with it.. I started with ground beef and did ok so i had my first steak this weekend and it went down great and 1 oz kept me full for hours!!

Karen!! Dr Walton did my surgery also!! Dont you just love him!
             Tracie
~*Lifes a garden, dig it*~

kitsyb
on 2/23/12 1:28 am - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12
No restrictions for me - I was eating Wendy's chili at week 3 but I had to divide a small one into 3 meals.  With the beans in it and extra cheese you end up with 21g. protein in a small chili.
kimberleyann
on 2/23/12 1:43 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
I don't know about your program but I started on beef as soon as I was able to eat solid protein. It does not bother me but Turkey kills me still can't eat it.

Most Active