Not the gallbladder

Jackie00
on 2/16/12 11:28 am
Well I spent all of today in emergency for bad back rib pain, both sides but left side was worse. I was tested for lots of stuff, the pancreas, the spleen, blood clots, the gallbladder and everything came back fine. I am still in lots of pain at home and they think it is muscular when I explained that it feels like something between my rib cage feels like it is swollen and the ribs are squeezing it. Anyways they sent me home with some pain pills. I don't recall hurting myself and it came on right after I ate breakfast on Wednesday morning which was an egg and some cheese. I been having lots of turkey lately, pull a bowl of frozen turkey soup out of the freeze, pull a container of frozen turkey, carrots and turnip out.

Anyways my baby seems sick with a cold and wondering if that is what is starting with me, nothing showed on my chest xray. they poked me about 10 times for blood work at different times and I hate needles.

I got to thinking, ya know when we have babies and afterwards our joints are sore as the pelvis is going back into place, do you think this is what might be happening to my ribs? I just know it feels like something in my rib cage is swollen and the ribs are squeezing it, not enough room in there for whatever.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

VeryFluffy
on 2/16/12 6:14 pm
I don't know, that sounds like gallbladder to me. Did they do a gallbladder ultrasound? I am having sleeve surgery on 2/29/12 and having my gallbladder remover at the same time so I know gallbladder painand symptoms very well.

Good luck
Jackie00
on 2/16/12 7:22 pm
I went in saying I thought it was my gallbladder, I had no pain in the front just in the back area of both ribs. They took blood a few times after the first results were back and said they think it is MSK (muscles)related. They did not do an ultrasound so now 3 days I am in this pain and the purocets they gave me just knock me out and wake still in the pain. This morning I keep running a fever for a few mins then it stops and I feel better again. They told me to return if I get a fever, cough or any other symptoms. Would something show up on the bloodwork if it was your gallbladder?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

VeryFluffy
on 2/17/12 4:14 am
That all sounds so much like what I had going on and the ultrasound shows gallstones. My blood work was all fine.
Try completely avoiding all fats and eggs and see if you feel better, if you do then you can be pretty sure it's gallbladder.

Foods I avoid:
eggs
fats
broccoli
cauliflower
beans
pork
cheese

I really think you should talk to your Dr about getting an ultrasound.
Jackie00
on 2/17/12 10:08 am
So blood work won't show gallstones??? grrr so I might be stuck in pain all weekend. I will probably go in to see my Dr on Monday it was right after eating an egg with cheese. Eggs are my everyday breakfast. I guess I will make up my pork cottage roll dinner tomorrow to see if I get worse or not.

Did you have pain in the front though? I don't, just in the rib area and mostly have settled to my left rib, just feels something is swollen in there and is being squeezed by my ribs. I am on percocets all weekend to try and kill the pain but haven't noticed anything yet. I am just getting my baby to bed and will take a couple again because they knock me out. I just don't understand, if there was a possibility it was my gallbladder why didn't they put me through an ultrasound grrrr.

I did wake today with a couple of the symptoms that they told me if they come on and I am having problems to return to emergency. I felt sick but didn't get sick, not sure if I can with this stomach lol and then I had a couple of high temps that only lasted about 5 mins but at one point I got my daughter to feel my chest and back and she said I was pretty warm. But they didn't stick around long enough to go in and get it checked out.

I am concerned why now because I am going on a vacation within the next month for a couple of weeks out of country and don't need this acting up.
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0