5 months post op today and PAIN!!!!

Jackie00
on 2/15/12 8:36 am
Well after I ate my egg with cheese on it for breakfast I went into severe pain today at work. It is in my back around the ribs on both sides, I have been eating lots of turkey lately and a little gravy to moisten it so I am thinking it is my gallbladder cause I would get a big episode usually at xmas time and had it down to nuts and/or turkey stuff well I haven't been eating nuts so I am blaming the turkey. Unfortunately it was turkey again for lunch today, I didn't have my purse with me to get a lunch from the cafeteria so I was stuck eating it. I took some pepto bismal and gas pills when I got home from work, it is still there after a few hours of taking that stuff. I am just going to wait to see I manage tonight, hopefully I won't end up at emergency.

I was to my new dr last night and asked for a prescription for the stuff for gallstones and he said he doesn't prescribe for that, it doesn't work and he is not the only dr that has told me that today, two others including my surgeon. But weird, I was fine last night and bang-o it hit me like a ton of bricks today.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Jennifer B.
on 2/15/12 8:42 am - GA
VSG on 04/13/12
Wow I hope you get better fast!

Jackie00
on 2/15/12 8:46 am
I just hope it is not the gallbladder I go on vacation in a few weeks, I think if it takes 2-3 days to settle down it will be the gallbladder because that is how long it took before and I just want outta pain. I definitely don't need surgery before I go on vacation, but definitely don't want to end up in a different country and on vacation when it acts up again lol go figure.
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Simplyme83
on 2/15/12 2:31 pm
I ate alot of turkey with a small amount of gravy to keep it moist and alot of eggs. Stay away from any fatty foods, you can google what to avoid. But if it's your gallbladder your doc should order you an ultrasound. I just had my gallbladder removed today and I hope you don't need yours removed b/c I just got my results back from my utlrasound last week and my surgeon scheduled me asap for surgey. I financially was trying to avoid it till I got my other med bills paid off in a couple of months. It didn't work, he said I could end up hospitalized with my pancreas and he and I don't want that. Not to be the one to bring bad news, bc you don't want surgery before vacation just stay away from foods that cause your pain and all fatty foods.
I'm in alot of pain and can't sleep, everyone says it's no big deal I'm hoping this pain passes quickly. I'll keep you in my prayers. 
 ~ Simplyme83~          
Jackie00
on 2/15/12 5:05 pm
Thanks, just waking up and awful sleep. Gonna get my little one off to daycare and head over to emergency and might attempt work depending on what they say. There is no pain in the front, just in the back rib cages and when I sit down I feel lots of pressure in that area.

O htrust me there will be no turkey with minimal amount of gravy in it no more, if I am gonna feel like this again. I didn't get my water in yesterday due to the suffering and starting right away this morning. Will update here when I find out what it is.
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Most Active
Recent Topics