? about the ride home after surgery

soulsister
on 1/17/12 1:53 am - NY
I am in north buff. I will send u an email when on my pc. I cant from my phone. Is pham doing your surgery? That group did my band.
MichelleChoinski
on 1/17/12 2:41 am - NY
Dr. Pham left the practice and started his own.  Dr. Caruana is doing my sleeve.
I'm a nervous wreck.  I started the liquid diet yesterday and feel like fainting today!
I am so hot!!!!!  I am normally freezing!
Long2beThin
on 1/17/12 2:45 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 04/05/08 with
After the van ride back to San Antonio I drove myself home to Houston. It took about 3 hours. Turning to check my blind spot before changing lanes was the worst part, but not actually that bad. I was pretty tired, but was back at work the following day. I have to admit that I'm pretty hard headed and but I don't have an exceptionally high pain tolerance.

Good luck!

=)
Dorothy
C. Harvey
on 1/17/12 4:09 am
VSG on 01/11/12
My surgery was 1/11 and I had a 2 hour ride home. The ride was pretty comfortable. Was told by my physician to get out every hour and walk 10-15 minutes to help reduce the risk of blood clots. I got belly support band from the hospital...my doctor required that it be wore after surgery at all times...has helped with support and the pain.

Louise1970
on 1/17/12 4:22 am - new haven, CT
 My doctor gave me something called an abdominal binder, I had a hernia repair at the same time as my VSG. It hasbeen a lifesaver. I wear it every day and it gives me support on my abdominal muscles and my lower back. As an added bonus I am told it helps with loose skin if you wear it daily. mine is made be DeRoyal and you can google DeRoyal abdominal binder and you will find them in different sizes.

HW:367(5/11)  SW:291(12/11) GW:160     
Month 1: -31 lbs. 

C. Harvey
on 1/17/12 11:11 am
VSG on 01/11/12
That's the same thing I got...I also had hernia repair

Florida_Pam
on 1/17/12 8:47 am
VSG on 01/04/12
 Both my husband and I recently had surgery, we live an hour away from the hospital. It wasn't bad but we both timed our departure after pain meds and hugged a pillow on the way home. It wasn't bad at all.

HW: 335.6,  SW: 328.2,  CW: 287.8
Gityup7
on 1/17/12 12:58 pm - CA
My ride wasn't bad. We even stopped at Costco and walked around a bit. I would suggest a pillow just in case to splint your abdomen.

Most Active
Recent Topics