Aggrivated!

loser2be
on 1/16/12 11:52 am - CA
VSG on 03/02/12
 So I have been discussing having the sleeve.  My 19yr old stepdaughter was talking with her mom and let it slip that I was considering the sleeve.  Her mother recently had the band and seems to be doing quite well.  Her mom proceeds to tell her why would Jill (me) do that if she couldn't handle the band she definitely can't handle the sleeve.  It's bad enough I doubt myself but to hear this just ticked me off.
Just needing to vent!

Jill
Assilem7779
on 1/16/12 12:00 pm, edited 1/16/12 12:40 pm
VSG on 01/03/12
 You shouldn't let her get to you..she's saying that because maybe she couldn't handle the sleeve...just do this for your self you don't have to prove anything to anyone...and we are here to help and give you the support you need...so good luck and hope to see you on the losers bench soon...
onemoretry
on 1/16/12 12:01 pm - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Don't let it stress you out, you have to do what is best for you. Let's just pray that she does not have any problems with her band and have to eat her words later.
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

novascotiadawn
on 1/16/12 12:15 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'd be sayin!!..I'll show you *BIOTCH*..In my mind.....hehe..and!..I'll see you on the VSG bench...Because she will end up here ;)... Welcome home Jill!!!

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Heather D.
on 1/16/12 12:28 pm - Austin, TX
Pssshhht! Don't let it get to you. Sounds like she was just being snarky and trying to make herself feel good. I personally wouldn't be able to "handle" a band... nor would I want to with all the potential complications involved. I think the sleeve is by far superior, but then again I guess I'm a little biased. ;) If you choose the sleeve you will be able to "handle" it just fine.

seanbear66rn
on 1/16/12 3:29 pm - Dracut, MA
VSG on 04/06/12
 Loved my band...until it started causing problems with my esophagus....and aspiration pneumonia.......and I found out how many people have had similar problems.....OH and I have not heard of any recalls on the VSG.....

Just some things SHE might want to know about the band....and EVERYONE who I have found on here have converted have done very well

Sean  

YOU CANNOT GIVE SOMEONE HELP........YOU CAN OFFER HELP,  IT IS UP TO THE OTHER PERSON TO ACCEPT  OR REJECT IT !!!

Hislady
on 1/17/12 9:19 am - Vancouver, WA
You are getting the sleeve because the band is a POS and a whole lot of us band people regret ever getting one. Good luck to her mom but the problems don't usually start until you are 2-3 yrs. out and then they are serious! I wouldn't wish a band on satan himself and I urge anyone thinking of getting one to run for the hills they are worthless! Stick to your plan and get the sleeve and then you won't have to revise to it later like she will! You will be all cute and thin and she'll have lost 30 lbs and be beating her head against the wall. Every bandster I know of that revised to the sleeve has said the sleeve works like they told us the band would but it didn't! Look at how many revision people from bands are right here on this forum alone! Really why have a failure surgery when you can have a successful one. Most ex bandsters have had great success with the sleeve even tho the band failed them. Just wait 3 years and look back, you'll be the success!
Most Active
Recent Topics