Question about Fluid intake

Zedsmummy
on 1/12/12 11:06 am - Canada
 So my surgeons instructions said not to drink anything 15 minutes before a solid food meal or 45mins after. I usually a 12oz cup of decaf coffee with protein in it when I wake up. Then I  have 2 boiled eggs for breakfast with a tsp of miracle whip and it usually takes me an hour to eat it all. I have breakfast around 9:30 so it is 10:30 by the time I fini**** then I have to wait until 11:15 before I can drink anything. Next thing I know it is lunch time and I usually have 2  - 4 oz of lean meat (chicken or tuna) which takes me another hour to eat. I might be able to get in a full 12oz glass of water in the afternoon but by the time supper rolls around (and I take another hour to eat) and then I do all the after supper stuff. I usually only get another 12oz put away. I'm averaging about 67 gms of protein a day but I can't seem to get in enough water.

I've been stalled for a week and I know my calories are within acceptable limits (800 - 1100) so water has to be the only thing. Short of guzzling a glass of water when I wake up and another before I go to bed how can I get in all my fluids?
              Sleeved by Dr. Kelly, Tijuana BC Mexico, Decemeber 7th 2011.

quintons_mommy200

on 1/12/12 11:18 am, edited 1/12/12 11:41 am
My surgeons plan doesn't allow us to eat for longer than 30 minutes, "done" or not. Maybe cut back on your food and use a suppliment or something to get your protein that will also count toward your fluids. 2 eggs seems like a lot if you were just recently sleeved. I'm almost 6 months out and can't finish one whole scrambled egg.

Good luck to you.

katier825
on 1/12/12 11:31 am
Like quintons_mommy said, most plans tell you to eat slowly, but stop after 30 minutes. Does your plan reference that or something similar at all? You are probably to full of food to get the fluids in. I'm surprised you can eat so much, even if it takes 1 hour. I'm 14 months out and can't eat 2 eggs and my max for chicken or other dense protein is 3 or 3.5 oz. What I did was to take an ounce or two, eat what I could within about 30 minutes. The quantity you can eat will vary, even this far out. Some days I can eat only a couple of ounces, sometimes more. It takes a while to get into a routine with the fluids/foods. But if you only take 30 minutes to eat, you will have a couple of hours extra to get fluids in.
hollykim
on 1/12/12 12:03 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
if it takes you an hour to eat you are trying to eat too much. Spreading mmeals out over an hour inorder to "get more in" may be causing you to eat too many calories.  Your sleeve is slowly trying to empty and you keep stuffing it back up for an hour.

You might try MUCH smaller meals 6 times a day instead of *BIG* meals 3 times a day. Eat for 30 min then you are done,no matter how much is left.

It is really more important this early out to get the fluid up to 64 oz a day. you have plenty of "stored fuel" for your body to break down ,KWIM? 

The only liquid it gets is what you put in there.

Zedsmummy
on 1/12/12 10:28 pm - Canada
Thanks for all the great advice everyone!

Of course, I got up this morning and the scale moved! This morning I ditched my egg breakfast for a protien shake so it will do double duty (protien and fluids). I figure it if it is liquids I can just keep on going with my fluids without waiting after breakfast.

Sleeved by Dr. Kelly, Tijuana BC Mexico, Decemeber 7th 2011.

Most Active