Maintaining!

ladyrc76
on 1/12/12 5:18 am

Well it is already January and my surgery is a year and 1/2 old.  I am 6"2 and started out 337 and a size 28.  I am now 153 pounds lighter and a size 10/12 which I love.  Now I am scared because I am not sure what to eat.  My nut associated with my surgeon dropped me like a bad habit about 6 months after my surgery so I have no idea if I am maintaining properly or what.  I am going to make me an appointment with a new nut... This has been an amazing journey and I don't want it to end so I am trying my best to maintain.  I still lose a few pounds here and there but I am glad that it slowed down people began to ask me if I was sick!!  If you are a newbie stay focused and work your sleeve!!  Good luck

theshrinkingmimi
on 1/12/12 5:35 am
Congratulations. That is awesome work.

Personally, I would't care one bit if people ask if I was sick. They are used to you fat, so they say crap like that.  If you feel good, then do you.  I will let my body stop where it wants. 

Check out the VSG Maintenance forum. I think that you can type "VSGM" in the search engine at top of this page to get to the board.

Do you exercise?  I've heard that it is more important for long-term maintenance than for weightloss.

Be diligent, but don't be scared.

Thanks for the update.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
ladyrc76
on 1/12/12 6:10 am
Thanks Mark!

I have started working out and I feel great afterwards. My schedule is crazy so now I am trying to find time to work out.  It seems to work out best when I work out at home when I get off from work and my 3 year daughter loves working out with me. 
katier825
on 1/12/12 6:36 am
Congrats on getting to this point! It's a little strange when you do get here...I felt like I had stopped on a dime and changed directions. I had to increase my calories to keep from losing too much. I added 100-200 per day for a week at a time until my weight stabilized. It took several weeks to figure out where I should be. I usually eat 1400-1600 calories per day. I still shoot for 80ish protein and minimum 64 oz fluids. I generally eat around 80-100 carbs. I have to be mindful of sodium because I can retain fluids like crazy. My doctor recommended adding healthy fats and less lean cuts of meat than the chicken/turkey I often eat. I do allow myself treats now and then. I find that I'm less likely to over do it on carbs when I allow myself an occasional treat. I do exercise - minimum 4 hrs at the gym and sometimes walking as well. For me, it's as important for toning up as it is for burning calories.

I've been the same weight +/- a few pounds for 7 months...people still tell me I should stop losing. I think I probably look thinner due to the exercise and also the smaller size or different styles of clothes I wear now.