New Year's Resolution - Gratitude

Happy966
on 1/2/12 12:11 am

I am so grateful that I didn't wake up yesterday to a new year, where again I was demoralized about my out-of-control eating and despairing about how I was ever going to get to a good place again.  I am so grateful that I didn't feel compelled to make another New Year's resolution to do something about my screwed up eating, again.  I am so glad it's the 2nd of January and I'm not depressed about having already broken my resolution.

So this year, for 2012, I will try instead to be grateful for every blessing I have, including the fact that I was brave enough to let go of my preconceptions and fears and do something that has really helped me get back on track with food.  And that will help keep me on track when I am weak. 

I am grateful there is a place like this where we can talk about surgery and food and all that with other people that understand.  Thank you all for being here!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/12 12:50 am
What a wonderful post! Words by which we should all try to live! Thanks for the uplifting reminder.
Happy966
on 1/2/12 3:30 am

You're doing great, Kairk!  It looks like you'll have a great year, too!!

Mom4Jazz
on 1/2/12 1:01 am
Great post.

My new years resolution - calm and relaxation.

2011 has been a year of severe anxiety for me. I used to calm it with food and I'm trying to find new healthier ways, but I decided last week to try medication for now because my anxiety was causing such problems it was potentially affecting my future.

This year I made no resolutions about my weight. It was weird and I felt almost guilty for it - but I don't need to make changes there, I just need to keep with the habits I've already built. But still, it has been part of my resolutions for so long it feels...odd.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Happy966
on 1/2/12 2:52 am

I have struggled with depression most of my life - not exactly the same as anxiety - but I have benefitted so much from medication.  I hope you find as much relief.  There are 3 or 4 things that have completely changed my life for the better - adopting my kids, reconciling with my partner, Overeaters Anonymous, Prozac.  Not sure what order I'd put them in. 

I'm thinking I'll need to add surgery to this list next year.

loverofcats
on 1/2/12 2:29 am
Everyday for the past year, I have been grateful for the gift of WLS and getting my life back. I will continue to feel grateful everyday for this wonderful gift and a second chance at a healthier lifestyle. I love my sleeve.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Happy966
on 1/2/12 3:15 am

Me too, Gail!!  I feel so lucky that I'm 52 and will have a more active rest of my life!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/12 2:34 am
As usual, I love your post.  I too wake up every day with gratitude in my heart for the VSG and for the people that I know in RL and on the boards that have helped me along the way.  OH is a great place of support and encouragement. 
Happy966
on 1/2/12 3:27 am

I don't have so much support from WLS folks in real life, so I really rely on the boards.  Thanks for your generous spirit!!

gonersmom
on 1/2/12 2:36 am
Thanks for this posting. You took the thoughts out of many of our heads, and put them beautifully down. Happy New Year!

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
Most Active
Recent Topics